This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From Paris with love...

• ewill666
      ewill666
      Bronze
      Great movie, right?

I'm Rejus, nah not from lovely France. I'm from Kaunas, Lithuania. Have been registered here for a while, but had never written on forums before.
      To begin with, I'm 18 years old. Graduating this year (today we'd english exam) if i'll pass my own country language exam :D i will be accepted in University of Aberdeen in Scotland, UK.
      I've started playing poker few years ago. First game, when i was taught basics of poker, started putting cigarettes into the pot (i don't smoke and i hate smokers sorry.) After awhile i decided to play for money in low low low stakes. I registered in Bwin. At first 10$ seemed to be such a huge amount of money :D
      Because of lack of knowledge about starting hands, basic acts i busted every time i deposited. Years passed and poker became more and more interesting. A neighbor of mine advised to read articles, watch videos, talk about hands and have motivation not only to earn money, but to become better player. He's a winning player, maybe because of the money he's playing for I got very admired of him and thought that Im no worse. I'll achieve something, too. Let's try!
      I was told to stay at NL5 to get used to everything and see how the strategy applies in real situations not risking lots of money. I've played 4-5k hands and got tired,bored or just felt confident enough to take shots higher limits.
      NL10 ±12k hands got bored again. Most of the time the play there was just PF flips. Then I took some shots at NL25 and got busted 2 or 3 times.
      Then i got opportunity to access cardrunners videos. It helped me alot. Because of them, i started reading articles here and watching vids. The videos helped me to understand why am i playing poker and what my goals are.
      After a few weeks of average + play cashed out and went to Ibiza with girlfriend :)

I got back on thursday and set goal : by the time i get new driver license without restrictions for motorbike engine power ( July 13th ) build up bankroll enough for Yamaha YZF / R1 :) ± 5,000$.

My biggest leak: i get bored if i play sticking to BRM. Right now i have more than 30 BI for NL25, but i'm playing NL50 2 tables and started taking shots 1table NL100.
      In my opinion, my A game is dependent on a stakes i play. The higher it is the better my game is. I put 100% attention and fully focus about the other player ranges, could he or couldnt be bluffing on that kind of board, should i cbet, should i slow-play monsters or stab for value..

Is it possible? Maybe it's too dangerous to play with less then 20 BI if a fearful downswing will come..

So, hello everyone again and good luck at building your skills:) and exchanging it to $.

here's my hud info: (less than 2 months)

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/806/graphz.jpg/][IMG]https://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9836/graphz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  • 5 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hi Ewill,

Welcome to the forum, and happy 18th birthday! :)

How did you manage to play on the online poker rooms before you were 18? I thought the poker rooms did not permit people under 18 to play. Either way, I wouldn't tell them about it. :D

The mods and admins will be here to greet you shortly. In the meantime, good to see you here.
    • ewill666
      ewill666
      Bronze
      I've played under my moms name with her PERMISSION :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Uh-oh. The poker rooms don't allow someone else to play a registrant's account, so I wouldn't tell them that either, if I were you. :)

The good news is that you can now open an account in your own name and it will be a brand new account. You can even use the PS referral link to open it. (I mean, the other account is technically your mother's account, right?)
    • ewill666
      ewill666
      Bronze
      Yes the other account is my moms.

As soon as 18th birthday came, same day i registered on Fulltilt via PS. I'm happy about getting the rb. But I have some questions about how is it calculated.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      welcome welcome!

i need to see that movie. :) congrats on turning 18 and being able to legally play poker :D i hope you will continue to study and improve. i guess aggressive brm is ok, as long as you are also fine to move down limits when needed. wishing u the best of luck in your journey.

smiles,
      Wendy