From Paris with love...

• ewill666
      ewill666
      Bronze
      Great movie, right?

I'm Rejus, nah not from lovely France. I'm from Kaunas, Lithuania. Have been registered here for a while, but had never written on forums before.
      To begin with, I'm 18 years old. Graduating this year (today we'd english exam) if i'll pass my own country language exam :D i will be accepted in University of Aberdeen in Scotland, UK.
      I've started playing poker few years ago. First game, when i was taught basics of poker, started putting cigarettes into the pot (i don't smoke and i hate smokers sorry.) After awhile i decided to play for money in low low low stakes. I registered in Bwin. At first 10$ seemed to be such a huge amount of money :D
      Because of lack of knowledge about starting hands, basic acts i busted every time i deposited. Years passed and poker became more and more interesting. A neighbor of mine advised to read articles, watch videos, talk about hands and have motivation not only to earn money, but to become better player. He's a winning player, maybe because of the money he's playing for I got very admired of him and thought that Im no worse. I'll achieve something, too. Let's try!
      I was told to stay at NL5 to get used to everything and see how the strategy applies in real situations not risking lots of money. I've played 4-5k hands and got tired,bored or just felt confident enough to take shots higher limits.
      NL10 ±12k hands got bored again. Most of the time the play there was just PF flips. Then I took some shots at NL25 and got busted 2 or 3 times.
      Then i got opportunity to access cardrunners videos. It helped me alot. Because of them, i started reading articles here and watching vids. The videos helped me to understand why am i playing poker and what my goals are.
      After a few weeks of average + play cashed out and went to Ibiza with girlfriend :)

I got back on thursday and set goal : by the time i get new driver license without restrictions for motorbike engine power ( July 13th ) build up bankroll enough for Yamaha YZF / R1 :) ± 5,000$.

My biggest leak: i get bored if i play sticking to BRM. Right now i have more than 30 BI for NL25, but i'm playing NL50 2 tables and started taking shots 1table NL100.
      In my opinion, my A game is dependent on a stakes i play. The higher it is the better my game is. I put 100% attention and fully focus about the other player ranges, could he or couldnt be bluffing on that kind of board, should i cbet, should i slow-play monsters or stab for value..

Is it possible? Maybe it's too dangerous to play with less then 20 BI if a fearful downswing will come..

So, hello everyone again and good luck at building your skills:) and exchanging it to $.

here's my hud info: (less than 2 months)

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/806/graphz.jpg/][IMG]https://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9836/graphz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
  • 5 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hi Ewill,

Welcome to the forum, and happy 18th birthday! :)

How did you manage to play on the online poker rooms before you were 18? I thought the poker rooms did not permit people under 18 to play. Either way, I wouldn't tell them about it. :D

The mods and admins will be here to greet you shortly. In the meantime, good to see you here.
    • ewill666
      ewill666
      Bronze
      I've played under my moms name with her PERMISSION :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Uh-oh. The poker rooms don't allow someone else to play a registrant's account, so I wouldn't tell them that either, if I were you. :)

The good news is that you can now open an account in your own name and it will be a brand new account. You can even use the PS referral link to open it. (I mean, the other account is technically your mother's account, right?)
    • ewill666
      ewill666
      Bronze
      Yes the other account is my moms.

As soon as 18th birthday came, same day i registered on Fulltilt via PS. I'm happy about getting the rb. But I have some questions about how is it calculated.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      welcome welcome!

i need to see that movie. :) congrats on turning 18 and being able to legally play poker :D i hope you will continue to study and improve. i guess aggressive brm is ok, as long as you are also fine to move down limits when needed. wishing u the best of luck in your journey.

smiles,
      Wendy