[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush AKs MP1

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Villain 44/31 over 16 hands. No sample but it already indicates smth. So I went for a raise ready to go all-in against his stack. Okish ? How you play here against full stack and unknown opponent ? --> I think in rush I can´t rly 3bet for value when he is rasing from position that early but I don´t want to play AK in a multiway pot so I don´t want to call either. Do you 3bet/fold ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.75
      SB:
      $4.32
      BB:
      $11.85
      UTG1:
      $4.57
      UTG2:
      $2.90
      MP1 (Hero):
      $7.06
      MP2:
      $13.85
      MP3:
      $1.24
      CO:
      $6.78

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.55, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.38.

Flop: ($1.17) J, 5, T (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.35(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.17.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

He ain't even fully stacked so therefore pretty standard to 3bet/Broke here. And that's true that we can't really 3bet/Broke in rush that easily against UTG range and if he is full stacked unless he is really that wide.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

He ain't even fully stacked so therefore pretty standard to 3bet/Broke here. And that's true that we can't really 3bet/Broke in rush that easily against UTG range and if he is full stacked unless he is really that wide.

Yep, that´s the problem, so what´s our action then ? :D 3bet/fold x just folding ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Yep, that´s the problem, so what´s our action then ? :D 3bet/fold x just folding ?
      You can still Call and play postflop against him. Because often times when I do 3bet with AK then mainly I do it for value unless I know more about the opponent then might even consider 3bet/Folding.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver

You can still Call and play postflop against him.
      Ye, but the problem is there are still so many players behind us and they´ll get pretty great odds to call with a bunch of different hands so I was even thinking if folding isn´t the best option.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123

You can still Call and play postflop against him.
      Ye, but the problem is there are still so many players behind us and they´ll get pretty great odds to call with a bunch of different hands so I was even thinking if folding isn´t the best option.
      Not that I really mind, it's basically almost the same when we sometimes Call with AXs hands. You can still take AKs the same way and it's still possible even be far ahead with TP. They wont play very aggressively anyways their TP type of hands in multiway pot and it's rather easier to get away with the hand.