This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Feedback Thread: Multiway Pots (3) - Top pairs

• 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well I got 89% so not too bad.

Q11
      I can't see a block bet here and opted for check/fold. If I check and villain is passive he will be very unlikely to either bluff or bet weaker hands, I'd be happy with the showdown in this spot. I just don't see villain calling even $5 with say 99 TT on that board after the King hits; possibly a weaker Jack is all, just possibly.
      Likely he'd only call with a bare King to.

But I play nl2 so...:)

Can you give me a range villain might call a block bet with in your opinion/experience please?
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      you're betting for value, if you check you should probably play ch/fold against passive villan.
      There's far more weaker jacks in his range than some 5x or Kx.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Oh I see. Thank you. :)
    • sootedAs
      sootedAs
      Bronze
      Im rather disappointed by my 26 points :f_frown:

About Q5...

Preflop: Hero is UTG with
      Hero raises $1.00, MP calls $1.00, 1 fold, BU calls $1.00, 1 fold, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.10) Jc5d5h (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.70, MP calls $2.70, 2 folds

Turn: ($9.50) Kc (2 players)
      Hero...?

Why not check the turn for pot control vs a K or even something like A5. I doubt we have more than 2 streets of value there, even versus a stationy villain, and by checking we might get 88, 99, TT to call a river bet. Although...he doesnt have many 5s in his range or kings (on the turn) for that matter, just KJ and AK maybe.