• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      thats how u rail
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stealsthepot
      probley a stupid Question but what does it mean when a player asks you to rail them?
      It means you watch them play. the "railbirds" are the people watching a game
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      probley a stupid Question but what does it mean when a player asks you to rail them?
      Hey Stealsthepot,

When somebody goes deep in a tournament they often put up a "rail request" thread. It is good for all involved.

1) The Player - He/she can really concentrate and try hard knowing that the forum are watching him and he/she can really impress.

2) The Audience - Often known as the "railbirds" can get great enjoyment and excitement out of a fellow forumer going deep in a tournament and winning huge pots.

I really enjoy the idea of rail threads and encourage anybody to not be shy and post. If nobody watches then who cares?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Example of how you could ask.

Title - "Rail request thread 3/35"

Content -

Hey guys,

I am currently 3/35 in the $24k guarantee on Full Tilt, there was 400 people started so I'm just in the money.

5.7k for first, I have 165,000 chips.

Lets gogogogogogogoog.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks for the format suggestion, pleno.

How long do you recommend a player wait before making a rail request--until about third or fourth break?

Note to OP: We also have a Full Tilt Daily Dollar thread in the Full Tilt subforum where we talk while we're playing the Daily Dollar.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Personally, I wouldn't post until I was in the last 5% of a tournament. I play 20+ torunaments in a session so if I was posting everytime I made the third break then Ingrid may tell me off for cluttering the forum up.

I think if you're only playing 1/2 tables and just having abit of fun and enjoying playing then its cool to let people know whenever, if they want to join you they will if they don't then it really isnt a big deal right?
    • stealsthepot
      stealsthepot
      Basic
      ok cool sounds good!

belayd where is the fulltilt sub forum?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      ok cool sounds good!

Click on the link at the top left that says "PokerStrategy.com Forum." That will gve you a list of all the subfora. Scroll down to Poker Rooms and the Full Tilt subforum will be listed under that heading.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      ok cool sounds good!

Hi there stealsthepot,

Here is the link to the Full Tilt Forum.

Ingrid

And pleno1, I would never tell you off, I wish you would request often to rail you. I think many would like to do it.

Good luck guys!
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by IngridN
      And pleno1, I would never tell you off, I wish you would request often to rail you. I think many would like to do it.
      I would love to, but pleno plays 20 tables at a time, so observer chat would be hell for him. We could still rail him and talk to each other. :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Originally posted by IngridN
      I would love to, but pleno plays 20 tables at a time, so observer chat would be hell for him. We could still rail him and talk to each other. :D
      hihihiih we shall try! :D what you say pleno1?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      [x] in :)
    • svendeucer
      svendeucer
      Bronze
      ...well if the player is alan boston that could be a loaded question