Hi from Gibraltar!

• 8 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi geordie, good to see you, welcome to the community :)

You've certainly come to the right place to pick up some great poker techniques, we have so much educational material here and really experienced coaches too.

Take your time to browse around the site, not least the free live coaching sessions and educational videos and don't hesitate to shout if you have any questions.

Wishing you every success and enjoyment with your poker and look forward to hearing how you get on in due course.

Best regards,

Bart
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I just moved (5 months ago) from Newcastle to Gib. Where in Newcastle did you come from and where in Gib are you living? Were you active in the Newcastle poker scene? If so I wil almost definitely know you.

There are 4/5 Geordies about now and you are more than welcome to join for drinks next season when we qualify for Europe.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Sorry to butt in, but what's a Geordie?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      No problem Belayd.

A Geordie is somebody who comes from Newcastle. Newcastle is a big city in the North of England and generally famous for its nightlife, women in short skirts, its underachieving football team and poor weather.
    • geordie1977
      geordie1977
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm new to the poker scene (just learning) and haven't played offline yet.

Pleno I come from Gosforth and we're currnetly living in Casares del sol up the coast but will be moving to Gib within a month or so as it's a lot easier to get to work!!

Where abouts in Newcastle are you from? It'd be great to meet up!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I'm actually from Gosforth too. I spend most Fridays in Adrianos on the high street and went to SOuth Gosforth/Gosforth Central middle :)

I live in Europlaza in Gib at the moment, def get in touch for a beer when you get here mate :s_cool:
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Re underachieving football team.

I now owe a colleague a large amount of vodka because we failed to finish higher in the league than his team (villa).

sigh.

welcome to this sunny part of the world nonetheless, geordie.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      Re underachieving football team.

I now owe a colleague a large amount of vodka because we failed to finish higher in the league than his team (villa).

sigh.

welcome to this sunny part of the world nonetheless, geordie.
      Suuuuuch a bad beat!