This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush KK

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey,

What do you make of this hand?

No stats on villian.

He's short stacked anyway, and I suppose he'll be going broke on worse hands, pocket pairs, maybe AK/AQ as well.

However, if he was normal stacked, could I make the same play? Or would i just have to take that as it was on the situation and dynamics?

Thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $8.15
      MP1:
      $5.21
      MP2:
      $1.95
      MP3:
      $6.03
      CO:
      $8.00
      BU (Hero):
      $6.15
      SB:
      $3.56
      BB:
      $2.28
      UTG1:
      $5.07

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.57) 8, 6, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB raises to $1.62, Hero raises to $3.15, BB calls $0.41.

Turn: ($5.75) T (2 players)

River: ($5.75) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.75.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Against a short-stack it's pretty easy that there is no way we are getting away from here and definitely going broke.

But against full stack it's a bit harder, if he raises this way too then we will be in hard spot, I would likely not 3 bet against him but rather Call it and reevaluate on further streets. Although I don't think that I would get that easily away unless I know the opponent more. As you mentioned already, he may easily have even worse PPs. And on those limits people tend to go broke a lot lighter. Wouldn't be surprised to see there TT/JJ.

Best regards.