[NL2-NL10] NL5 AK 4bet pot, flop QQT, what to do?

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.07
      BU:
      $6.08

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BU raises to $0.55, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BU calls $0.95.

Flop: ($3.07) Q:diamond: , Q:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.4, BU raises to $4.58 (All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.87

Preflop: Villain is aggressive 40/16/3.9, 3bet 12% (the 3bet stat is on a very small sample 3 out of 26 occasions, but still he is probably 3betting somewhat wide). Given this and the fact I am out of position, I 4bet.

Flop: I made a mess of this. Probably I should either cbet bigger, or not at all. I didn't feel able to call his shove, but now I'm thinking he could well have had AK too. (Given card removal effects, there are 9 combos of AK that he could have, but only 3 AA, 3 KK and 1 QQ, and KK+ are actually even less likely because he might have shoved preflop. So I am thinking he is sufficiently likely to have AK, that I should have called for the given odds. But then if that's the case, perhaps I should have shoved first myself.)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: When he really has such a 3bet then I guess I don't even mind your play. Although the problem is that it's FR and I don't think that he is going to 3bet that wide vs UTG range and more tighter. And therefore I might even at some spots prefer just Calling and playing postflop against his small raise.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, the size is somewhat fine still. I would do almost the same with all the strong overpairs. Maybe like $1,60 or something similar. But mainly with your hand there is not much to do than fold. And as well depends a lot on his play, sometimes I might even just Check/Fold it on such a board while I expect very often them have some kind of overpair here. And against that range we ain't getting that great equity.

Best regards.