This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AK 4bet pot, flop QQT, what to do?

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.07
      BU:
      $6.08

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BU raises to $0.55, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BU calls $0.95.

Flop: ($3.07) Q:diamond: , Q:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.4, BU raises to $4.58 (All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $5.87

Preflop: Villain is aggressive 40/16/3.9, 3bet 12% (the 3bet stat is on a very small sample 3 out of 26 occasions, but still he is probably 3betting somewhat wide). Given this and the fact I am out of position, I 4bet.

Flop: I made a mess of this. Probably I should either cbet bigger, or not at all. I didn't feel able to call his shove, but now I'm thinking he could well have had AK too. (Given card removal effects, there are 9 combos of AK that he could have, but only 3 AA, 3 KK and 1 QQ, and KK+ are actually even less likely because he might have shoved preflop. So I am thinking he is sufficiently likely to have AK, that I should have called for the given odds. But then if that's the case, perhaps I should have shoved first myself.)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: When he really has such a 3bet then I guess I don't even mind your play. Although the problem is that it's FR and I don't think that he is going to 3bet that wide vs UTG range and more tighter. And therefore I might even at some spots prefer just Calling and playing postflop against his small raise.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, the size is somewhat fine still. I would do almost the same with all the strong overpairs. Maybe like $1,60 or something similar. But mainly with your hand there is not much to do than fold. And as well depends a lot on his play, sometimes I might even just Check/Fold it on such a board while I expect very often them have some kind of overpair here. And against that range we ain't getting that great equity.

Best regards.