Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5
      BU:
      $1.55

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , J:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) J:heart: , 9:heart: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, BU calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.07) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.68, BU raises to $1.05 (All-In), Hero calls $0.37.

River: ($3.17) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.17

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kc Js)
      BU shows two-pair, jacks and nines (Ah Jc)

BU wins with two-pair, jacks and nines (Ah Jc)

Could I do anything differently? Villain calls with a wide range VPIP 39%, so I think I can usually bet TPGK for value against him. I'm probably beaten when he raises the turn but can't fold for the given odds.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: In FR, I am not really big fan of raising KJo but basically it's doable but rather do it on CO/BU.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to do as you went for such a raise preflop. Guess that was your 1st plan while you decided to raise with such a hand and basically go broke with TP vs that loose-small stack player?

Best regards.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Yes, the other guys were quite nitty so I expected to be heads up with BU. I think KJ plays ok against a loose shortstack. But would not always raise it from that position, depending on the other players.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      Yes, the other guys were quite nitty so I expected to be heads up with BU. I think KJ plays ok against a loose shortstack. But would not always raise it from that position, depending on the other players.
      Oh okey, then I guess it's somewhat doable if you rather tried to play only against the fishy guy. But good that you did understand that it at some spots it's pretty close between raise or not from that position.