This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 rushh KK

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hello :)

Thoughts on this one mate?

Villian is a solid player, 11/6/5 over 74 hands of rush.

I don't see him calling this lightly, but I think aa is probably going to 3bet me.

My stats on rush are pretty tight too, and so I don't think after my original raise and then c-bet on that flop he's going to 3bet weak on that flop, especially as it is still multiway.

I don't think he's on AQ there, more likely called with queens and has hit a set? But just in case would it be worth raising to ~$3 in case he is on AQ and can fold it?

Is this fold too weak for KK?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.62
      SB:
      $6.33
      BB:
      $3.37
      UTG1:
      $3.70
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $6.15
      MP1:
      $2.80
      MP2:
      $3.93
      MP3:
      $7.71
      CO:
      $6.47

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.25, UTG1 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.22) Q, 5, 4 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP3 raises to $1.40, BB folds, UTG1 folds, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.92.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

First of all, one thing to mention out is that he ain't 3betting on flop, he is just raising.

About the hand it's basically pretty close, I guess I'd still Call his min-raise and see the further streets. According to his stats we see that he is still somewhat aggressive as the 5 is AF? Usually when he really had a set then I guess he would likely raise it bigger to avoid others give great odds for drawing. He may do that kind of min-raise easily with draws/TP type of hands.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

First of all, one thing to mention out is that he ain't 3betting on flop, he is just raising.

Oh yeah, thanks :)

Yeah, I suppose I probably should have played the next street and see how it played out.

Anyway, thanks! :)