[NL2-NL10] NL10 - MSS, TT in CO vs loose opponent who doesn't fold 3bets

• BadeaCelRau
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.40, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.00(All-In), 3 folds, UTG2 calls $3.60.

Flop: ($8.15) Q, A, 7 (2 players)

Turn: ($8.15) T (2 players)

River: ($8.15) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.15.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens(Tc Td).
      UTG2 shows a pair of jacks(Jc Jd).

Hero wins with three of a kind, tens(Tc Td).

UTG2 stats in 683 hands :
      24(vpip)/16(pfr)/67(f 3bet)/30(steal)
      54(fcbet)/27(f 2nd barrel)/33(wtsd)/1.9(af)
      Raise 1st in MP 19%, fold to 3bet in MP 0

I don't think I've chosen my spot wisely because software counts this position as UTG2 but I count it as MP1 :D . Anyway it's a general question thread. How should I deal with opponents who raise loose from MP/LP but refuse to fold to 3bets? I have quite a lot of these at my tables. If I raise normally with TT-JJ, most of the time I'll have a second pair which I can't play profitably postflop. I decided to go allin but I don't know how loose they might call :D . If they fold everything else and call the monsters it's not really profitable.
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      Hey BadeaCelRau,

Preflop, you have position and if he calls your 3-bets with wide range you can play your TT profitably for sure, so an ordinary 3-bet IP seems like the best idea to me.

If you think villain's won't fold to your shoves preflop and will call you with a range that you beat with TT then I like you shove for value, but I don't think this will be the case all that often. Besides a player with 16 PFR, 67% fcbet isn't that loose specially if he's opening from UTG/MP1. Many players have higher PFR due to loose stealing ranges and MP-LP ranges which you should keep in mind.

Hope this answers your question, otherwise feel free to reply.

Best regards,