[NL2-NL10] NL5 - calling with TP3K

• StaringAtGoats
      StaringAtGoats
      Bronze
      I really feel uncomfortable calling my opponent down with TP3K, so usually I'd 3B AJs PF, but in the multiway put I'd rather go for pot control with AJs. So I hit TP3K and CO Cbets. I can't fold here. by calling I get no information and don't know what to do if he 2nd barrels. Raising only isolates me against stronger hands.
      As played it's the same situation on the turn.
      And I got lucky on the river. (2P good enough for shoving here?) And what if the river is another blank?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $6.35
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $7.71
      SB (Hero):
      $5.02
      BB:
      $3.53
      MP2:
      $9.34

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BU calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.75) 3, A, 9 (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.50, BU folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.75) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3.37(All-In), CO calls $2.15.

Final Pot: $10.47.

Results follow:

CO shows a pair of aces(Qc Ad).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(Ah Jh).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and jacks(Ah Jh).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello StaringAtGoats,

Flop: Your line doesn't make sense at all. :( Basically I'd rather even donk myself on such a flop and being in multiway pot and try to protect.

As played
      Turn: Likely would even consider folding, 2pairs are possible, sets are possible, not much we beat here. Only few weaker Ax hands but while we just putting ourselves into difficult spot on river. Even if we do hit the 2pairs/trips we will never know where we stand with it.

As played if turn was Called
      River: Rather just shove yourself than play this way.

Best regards.
    • StaringAtGoats
      StaringAtGoats
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Your line doesn't make sense at all. :(
      Up to know, I've always folded or 3B Ax kind of hands in such spots, as I've been having difficulty playing these hands oop without initiative (the "reason" for my line)

So should my line be bet/fold flop, bet/fold turn, check/fold blank river?

And is either folding or 3betting PF an option here, too?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So should my line be bet/fold flop, bet/fold turn, check/fold blank river?

Yep, very likely it should be Bet/Fold on flop & turn and then reconsider your plan on river depending on the opponent. Kinda hard to see anyways him to raise with a lot worse hands or any other not initiative having persons.

And is either folding or 3betting PF an option here, too?

Of course 3betting is an option but mainly the plan with 3bet is to do it mostly for fold equity and not for value, unless you really know the opponents better.
      But basically having the AXs one I don't mind Calling and playing postflop and maybe even just for the nutFD.