£ or $ on account?

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi,

I live in the UK and now I'm in doubt whether to open a Neteller account on £ or $ since they will charge the 2,95% fee to convert.

I think most poker rooms accept deposits on £ (well, certainly Party and 888, not sure about Full Tilt). Do they do withrawals as well? The how is the exchange rate to actually play in USD?

On the one hand, having it on £ will save the 2,95% when cashing out or spending on the card here in the UK. On the other hand, most players have it in USD and I don't know if there is the same fee to convert it from $ to £ and vice versa while transferring between two Neteller users.

I think those are my main concerns. Any thoughts?

Thank you!
  • 2 replies
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Im from the UK too and I used Neteller a couple of times but i found the constant fees very annoying considering all the sites take standard debit/credit cards without charging any fees anyway. I liked the idea of using an e-wallet and not clogging my bank statements with deposits and withdrawals from poker sites but was not worth giving away some of the heard earned profits.

Maybe it annoyed me more given I play low stakes, Im sure the need for an e-wallet is greater for those transferring thousands regularly and maybe the fees involved are less noticeable at that level.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hey, Stone! Thanks for the info!

As far as I knew, Neteller wouldn't charge to transfer from the ewallet to poker rooms - and poker rooms don't charge on the way back too.

What are those fees about? Bank account -> Neteller -> Bank account?

Or were you transferring £ from Neteller to poker USD and vice versa?

My use will be manly to transfer to and from other users, and among poker rooms. The day I want to cash out I think the best way might be wiring to UK bank account anyway. And I guess any poker room would do that, subject to small fee.

Many thanks again!