This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush Q9s CO

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Was quite unsatisfied with my play in today´s session, I had a tendency to make some crazy fancy plays and to bluff everyone around so I rather ended quickly. Will post some hands.

SB is 13/11 agg 1.3 over 103 hands.

Preflop - against MP3 I 3bet here bec. he is just minraising it, I think call would be option too.
      When SB squeezes I put him on a very strong range AA/KK, QQ maybe and therefore I decided to make such a speculativer call. Do you think it´s doable ? Not sure if I am getting the correct implieds (well I guess I do, because I think that if I hit, he ain´t giving up, but not sure if I hit often enough to make this profitable).

Flop - kinda bad imo, should´ve folded right here.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.94)
      BB ($4.07)
      UTG ($7.77)
      UTG+1 ($1.45)
      UTG+2 ($6.67)
      MP1 ($5.87)
      MP2 ($5.37)
      Hero ($5)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, SB raises to $1.55, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.60) T:heart: J:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

TURN ($6.60) T:heart: J:heart: 7:diamond: 6:heart:

SB bets $1.95, Hero folds

SB wins $6.16
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

If you are putting him on such a range then there is no way you can play it profitable by Calling it. Basically I don't see any reason to continue preflop.

And as you called preflop then you should as well continue on such flop while you getting that great odds.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

If you are putting him on such a range then there is no way you can play it profitable by Calling it. Basically I don't see any reason to continue preflop.

The reason for a call was that I was thinking that if I hit, I will get his stack in the middle every time due to the range I put him on. But yeah, rather dumb call pre, I have to call too much I guess.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by veriz

The reason for a call was that I was thinking that if I hit, I will get his stack in the middle every time due to the range I put him on. But yeah, rather dumb call pre, I have to call too much I guess.
      With Q9s you wont hit that often enough and even if you do then most likely it will be a draw and you wont get correct implied odds for a Call on flop unless he really bets really small.