[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush Q9s CO

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Was quite unsatisfied with my play in today´s session, I had a tendency to make some crazy fancy plays and to bluff everyone around so I rather ended quickly. Will post some hands.

SB is 13/11 agg 1.3 over 103 hands.

Preflop - against MP3 I 3bet here bec. he is just minraising it, I think call would be option too.
      When SB squeezes I put him on a very strong range AA/KK, QQ maybe and therefore I decided to make such a speculativer call. Do you think it´s doable ? Not sure if I am getting the correct implieds (well I guess I do, because I think that if I hit, he ain´t giving up, but not sure if I hit often enough to make this profitable).

Flop - kinda bad imo, should´ve folded right here.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.94)
      BB ($4.07)
      UTG ($7.77)
      UTG+1 ($1.45)
      UTG+2 ($6.67)
      MP1 ($5.87)
      MP2 ($5.37)
      Hero ($5)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, SB raises to $1.55, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.60) T:heart: J:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

TURN ($6.60) T:heart: J:heart: 7:diamond: 6:heart:

SB bets $1.95, Hero folds

SB wins $6.16
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

If you are putting him on such a range then there is no way you can play it profitable by Calling it. Basically I don't see any reason to continue preflop.

And as you called preflop then you should as well continue on such flop while you getting that great odds.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

If you are putting him on such a range then there is no way you can play it profitable by Calling it. Basically I don't see any reason to continue preflop.

The reason for a call was that I was thinking that if I hit, I will get his stack in the middle every time due to the range I put him on. But yeah, rather dumb call pre, I have to call too much I guess.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by veriz

The reason for a call was that I was thinking that if I hit, I will get his stack in the middle every time due to the range I put him on. But yeah, rather dumb call pre, I have to call too much I guess.
      With Q9s you wont hit that often enough and even if you do then most likely it will be a draw and you wont get correct implied odds for a Call on flop unless he really bets really small.