[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush - Top pair with good kicker vs Agg Opp

• slashng
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, J.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BU calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 6, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BU raises to $0.65, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.67) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.93, Hero calls $0.93.

River: ($3.53) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $7.53.

Flop: Bet for value. However, he raise me and then I take a look at his stats and realised that his flop AF and WTSD is extremely high. He may be bluffing most of the time. Therefore, I call and re-evaluate on the turn.

Turn: I plan to check/fold if he bets big on the turn. However, he only bets half pot which I think he might not have a set and may be bluffing. If he bets 3/4 (app. $1.20), I may fold here because he can push all-in on the river with his left over stack vs pot. I think he is bluffing here or most probably, semi-bluff with a flush draw. Therefore, I called his turn bet.

I think villain range on the turn is: 66-22, AQs-A2s, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, KTo+

River: Since river card was a heart, he may have busted flush draw or nothing. I plan to check/call to extract value since I think I'm ahead here.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello slashng,

Nah, I guess I wouldn't really think of folding the hand here while he may easily have even worse hands, missed draws and so and even pure bluffs. I'd basically play the same way, nice hand! Not much to add against such an aggressor.

Best regards.