[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush TT UTG

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Preflop - I am calling here, we are a bit deeper and also pocket Tens are strong enough imo. Do you think I could call here with 100bb stacks ?

Postflop - What´s the best value line here ? Pretty bad flop to extract value actually from a hand that didn´t hit. I could c/c maybe. I don´t want to c/r here because that kinda shouts out "I have a freeeeeakin set yeaaaah !"
      I went for a weak donk in order to induce a reckless raise ... so not sure, proly c/calling would be better.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.14)
      BB ($2.44)
      Hero ($8.93)
      UTG+1 ($9.42)
      UTG+2 ($5.02)
      MP1 ($0.90)
      MP2 ($8.44)
      CO ($8.16)
      BTN ($2.10)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:club:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.27) 4:club: 7:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.55, CO folds

Hero shows T:spade: T:club:

Hero wins $1.19
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Against his stack it's pretty standard Call for set value. Although being 100BB deep it's pretty close, we get like 13:1 and therefore being even OOP I would even consider rather folding the hand. We are raising from UTG and basically his range is pretty strong, although we still can't be sure that he is going to pay us that often if we even do hit our set. Against some more aggressive 3bettors we can consider Calling.
      Postflop: Nah, I don't like Check/Call at all actually in this situation. Rather play as you played it, we might even induce him to raise with some overpairs. :) And as well sometimes he might just Call with A high. If I would go for a Check then most likely a Check/Raise because I would go for maximum value while we are that deep.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

Postflop: Nah, I don't like Check/Call at all actually in this situation. Rather play as you played it, we might even induce him to raise with some overpairs. :) And as well sometimes he might just Call with A high. If I would go for a Check then most likely a Check/Raise because I would go for maximum value while we are that deep.

Best regards.
      Why don´t you like c/c here ? The board is kinda dry ... proly because of the reason of building up the pot ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123

Best regards.
      Why don´t you like c/c here ? The board is kinda dry ... proly because of the reason of building up the pot ?
      Check/Call - we don't build the pot and what would be your line on turn? Plus you will be playing on further streets OOP.
      Donk - we can easily induce him to raise us with overpairs, maybe even float with overcards.
      Check/Raise - we might still get value from overpairs while it's NL5 and those players are capable of going broke with overpair.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

Check/Call - we don't build the pot and what would be your line on turn? Plus you will be playing on further streets OOP.
      Donk - we can easily induce him to raise us with overpairs, maybe even float with overcards.
      Check/Raise - we might still get value from overpairs while it's NL5 and those players are capable of going broke with overpair.
      How should i play after I donk and he raises ? Should I just push hopping that he will call me down with overpairs ? Or should I call and let him bet the turn or what ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123

How should i play after I donk and he raises ? Should I just push hopping that he will call me down with overpairs ? Or should I call and let him bet the turn or what ?
      Nah, I wouldn't 3bet against him. Rather trap and Call. And then decide what kind of actions I am going to take, but very likely Check/Call if I get his whole stack on river and Check/Raise if not.