[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush 5Ko BB sqz

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Without knowing nothing bout my opponents I am not sure about this move ... on the other hand I also have a hand with a blocker in case of BU calls.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.15)
      Hero ($5.47)
      UTG ($3.90)
      UTG+1 ($1.17)
      UTG+2 ($5.02)
      MP1 ($1.72)
      MP2 ($7.07)
      CO ($4.27)
      BTN ($6.54)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold

Hero shows 5:heart: K:diamond:

Hero wins $0.45
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

While I know it's NL5 and we even don't know the opponent I'd basically rather prefer to say fold the hand than isolate. Of course it's doable but we will never be sure that we even have fold equity there. Those players on that limit are just too loose to make such plays very profitable in long run.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

While I know it's NL5 and we even don't know the opponent I'd basically rather prefer to say fold the hand than isolate. Of course it's doable but we will never be sure that we even have fold equity there. Those players on that limit are just too loose to make such plays very profitable in long run.

I agree. What range would you squeeze here ? Basically almost everything I am also defending blind with ? Say KQ+,AT+,88+ ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by veriz

I agree. What range would you squeeze here ? Basically almost everything I am also defending blind with ? Say KQ+,AT+,88+ ?
      Maybe a bit looser and add some suited gappers.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      J9s, QTs, 79s ? Could be ? OK and KJ, KT even, QJ (esp suited) ? Some low suited aces ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      J9s, QTs, 79s ? Could be ? OK and KJ, KT even, QJ (esp suited) ? Some low suited aces ?
      Yep, very likely. Better to have some blockers in the hand. And sometimes it's even better to just Call and play postflop, which is the case even on those limits.