[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush aa

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey,

What are your thoughts on this?

Should have raised to .20 utg

No stats on villian.

Since he's so passive, I don't mind this play?

Should I have just c/f the turn, since there's now quite a few hands which beat me, that's he's playing?

Like 9ts, a9, hands including the 9, possibly the 8?

Or with his half stack is this alright and just value bet it?

Thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.98
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $5.02
      UTG2:
      $1.64
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $5.42
      MP3:
      $2.48
      CO:
      $5.75
      BU:
      $5.34

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.15, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 8, 8, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.87) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP3 calls $0.70.

River: ($2.27) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP3 calls $1.38.

Final Pot: $5.15.
  • 5 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I think you made no mistake. Except from what you´ve said yourself - preflop raise 4x. You still need to bet the turn for protection, river kinda sucks, but def better to bet yourself rather than c/c. Only alternative would be to c/f but I think there are still quite a few worse hands that call you. Maybe pretty thin though :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: Definitely 4xBB. Wait till higher limits and you can change the raise size but til then I would really advice not to do that and do a normal 4x raise.
      Postflop: Not much to add, he may easily hold even some smaller overpairs/pair/draw type of hands, there is no way I am going to Check it. Just bet/bet/bet, there are just so many hands from which we get value from. And we shouldn't be that worried about the result as he doesn't even have a full stack.

Best regards.
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: Definitely 4xBB. Wait till higher limits and you can change the raise size but til then I would really advice not to do that and do a normal 4x raise.

hey, veriz. Why do you suggest 4x? I'm not a holdem player, but when I do play I open 3x. Can you just tell me why you prefer one over the other?
      Is it because hero was UTG?
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clsrtotilt

hey, veriz. Why do you suggest 4x? I'm not a holdem player, but when I do play I open 3x. Can you just tell me why you prefer one over the other?
      I'm not veriz, but I think really it's for a few reasons.

1 you protect your hand, and stop others calling in with worse hands and hitting.

2 you're also getting the max value out of the hand when they are calling into the pot with worse hands. (important, since with a hand like AA hopefully you want to be shipping your hand on the river, so building up the pot is so crucial).

3 there are also a lot to act behind you, so like 1st point you're getting rid of the weaker hands and more chance of just taking free blinds anyway.

Veriz will be able to explain better than me anyway ^^
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by clsrtotilt

Yes, one thing is definitely that we are UTG and as well we don't want that many Calls. And as well we want to get more value postflop from them while they do a lot more mistakes on those limits.

Basically raising a lot smaller we are giving them better odds either preflop or as well postflop.

On higher limits you can start raising smaller while you might have a wider range and can Call down looser opponents 3bets. And gives you more room to play against them postflop.