This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKo TPTK facing minraise on flop

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6.03
      Hero:
      $5.87
      CO:
      $5.27

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) K:spade: , J:club: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, CO folds, BB raises to $0.80, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.42

I feel so bad folding this to a pathetic minraise! It is ok, yes? What about if I had AA in the same spot? I guess if this always means villain has hit a set, the answer is the same.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Nah, I don't think it's always a set here, as he is pretty aggressive he may even hold a lot weaker hands and even just TP with weaker kicker. I'd basically still Call his min-raise and reevaluate it on further streets.

Best regards.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Ok. Thanks.

If I call and "reevaluate", assuming future streets are blank, should I:
      a) check/call turn and check/call river, to keep bluffs in his range and not isolate myself against only hands that beat my tptk; or
      b) bet/fold turn so I know where I stand (has the advantage that if I am behind, it is less expensive than calling 2 further streets)?

edit: sorry, I am being an idiot, when I wrote this question I forgot that here I am in position!

What would be the best turn and river line after calling such a minraise, if we are (1) out of position as just above or (2) in position as in the original hand evaluation?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      Ok. Thanks.

If I call and "reevaluate", assuming future streets are blank, should I:
      a) check/call turn and check/call river, to keep bluffs in his range and not isolate myself against only hands that beat my tptk; or
      b) bet/fold turn so I know where I stand (has the advantage that if I am behind, it is less expensive than calling 2 further streets)?
      a) and not always I would like Check/Call the river as well, depends a lot on the sizes. Bet/Fold likely doesn't make sense because it will just make him fold a lot worse hands and of course bluffs.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Ok, got it.

Thanks for all your help, Veriz. I feel like I am starting to get somewhere, slowly...

PS you've been working all day on a Sunday, what's with that? We appreciate the dedication but is it not time you logged off and found a bar somewhere..?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      Ok, got it.

Thanks for all your help, Veriz. I feel like I am starting to get somewhere, slowly...

PS you've been working all day on a Sunday, what's with that? We appreciate the dedication but is it not time you logged off and found a bar somewhere..?
      Not really, if you still have 3 exams to go. :D And one is tomorrow. So I am spending my time studying for tomorrows exam and as well Checking PS time to time. And who does drink on Sundays? :D
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      I'm gonna leave you alone now so you can concentrate! More important you pass your exam tomorrow than I save a few cents on NL5!

Good luck tomorrow man.