Stack
      BB:
      $6.03
      Hero:
      $5.87
      CO:
      $5.27

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) K:spade: , J:club: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, CO folds, BB raises to $0.80, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.42

I feel so bad folding this to a pathetic minraise! It is ok, yes? What about if I had AA in the same spot? I guess if this always means villain has hit a set, the answer is the same.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Nah, I don't think it's always a set here, as he is pretty aggressive he may even hold a lot weaker hands and even just TP with weaker kicker. I'd basically still Call his min-raise and reevaluate it on further streets.

Best regards.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Ok. Thanks.

If I call and "reevaluate", assuming future streets are blank, should I:
      a) check/call turn and check/call river, to keep bluffs in his range and not isolate myself against only hands that beat my tptk; or
      b) bet/fold turn so I know where I stand (has the advantage that if I am behind, it is less expensive than calling 2 further streets)?

edit: sorry, I am being an idiot, when I wrote this question I forgot that here I am in position!

What would be the best turn and river line after calling such a minraise, if we are (1) out of position as just above or (2) in position as in the original hand evaluation?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      Ok. Thanks.

If I call and "reevaluate", assuming future streets are blank, should I:
      a) check/call turn and check/call river, to keep bluffs in his range and not isolate myself against only hands that beat my tptk; or
      b) bet/fold turn so I know where I stand (has the advantage that if I am behind, it is less expensive than calling 2 further streets)?
      a) and not always I would like Check/Call the river as well, depends a lot on the sizes. Bet/Fold likely doesn't make sense because it will just make him fold a lot worse hands and of course bluffs.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Ok, got it.

Thanks for all your help, Veriz. I feel like I am starting to get somewhere, slowly...

PS you've been working all day on a Sunday, what's with that? We appreciate the dedication but is it not time you logged off and found a bar somewhere..?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      Ok, got it.

Thanks for all your help, Veriz. I feel like I am starting to get somewhere, slowly...

PS you've been working all day on a Sunday, what's with that? We appreciate the dedication but is it not time you logged off and found a bar somewhere..?
      Not really, if you still have 3 exams to go. :D And one is tomorrow. So I am spending my time studying for tomorrows exam and as well Checking PS time to time. And who does drink on Sundays? :D
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      I'm gonna leave you alone now so you can concentrate! More important you pass your exam tomorrow than I save a few cents on NL5!

Good luck tomorrow man.