$0.82
      UTG2:
      $0.8
      Hero:
      $1.39
      BU:
      $0.15

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.101 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4:spade: , 4:diamond: . UTG2 posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 checks, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) Q:diamond: , 4:club: , 2:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.02, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.22) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.22) 9:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.22

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4d)
      BB shows (Qc 5d)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4d)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is her sample hand when she's playing a flush draw:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $0.22
      Hero:
      $1.23

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.101 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      Hero calls $0.02, 4 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.05) A:heart: , A:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.05) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.05) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04.

Final Pot: $0.13

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, queen high (Qd 7d)
      BB shows (Kc Js)

Hero wins with a flush, queen high (Qd 7d)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

So did I make the right decision at the turn or should I shoot another barrel?
      A lot of players hang on to their flush draw in the micro limit.
      That's why I thought I should just check here.

Play hand(villain's hand hidden)

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey cpers,

I would like to ask you to only post one hand per thread in the future for better overview over hands.

First I would like to ask you whether you play MSS? I ask because your stacks are quite big in those two hands and according to strategy you should leave the table with more than 50 big blinds.

Furthermore with MSS we never limp/openlimp and for this reason both posted hands should be folded preflop.

Postflop as played:

1)

On the flop you should raise bigger because you want value and you don't want to give too good odds to possible draws on this board.

On the turn you should fire another barrel for value although some potential draws completed.

2)

Nice hand. There is no reason for betting before river and on the river you want to get some value so betting potsize is well played.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Well if you ask wether I play mss or not?
      I don't know what to say since I mixed them all three.
      I know it might not be a good idea to do that.
      But I'm feeling quite well doing that at the moment.
      But my initial stack definitely is mss. When it's over 50BB I usually leave the table.
      I just don't leave the table right away, I wait until i'm at the bigblind.

About posting 2 hands, I think you misunderstood me.
      I posted one hand. The first hand is my hand which I want you to evaluate.
      While the second hand is just a sample hand on how the BB form the first hand
      plays when she's having a flushdraw hand. The Hero is the BB from the first hand.
      I thought it might be a good idea to let you know how she played her flush draw hand.

thanks,
      cpers
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey cpers,

I think it might be wise to focus on one strategy so you don't get confused. At least untill you master one of them and get some experience.

You were right, I didn't notice second hand was just an example.

And for the first hand, as I already wrote before, folding preflop would be my play. Even though you have a bigger stack and can limp there according to BSS I don't like it even with full stack because you will find yourself in trouble every time someone raises behind you and there are quite some players behind MP2. If you were in late position then I would just isolate with 44.

Postflop, what I wrote in my first post, raise flop bigger and bet turn for value. Also the sample hand indicates he is not very likely on a draw in the main hand based on his action.

Best regards,
      burek2000