• XandreW36
      Should I've folded turn, despite the good odds? MP was solid 28/21 Tag

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, Hero raises to $1.70, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.30, BU folds.

Flop: ($3.9) 5, 9, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.60, MP3 calls $2.60.

Turn: ($9.1) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.90, MP3 raises to $5.80, Hero raises to $9.98, MP3 calls $1.74.

River: ($26.62) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $26.62.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).
      MP3 shows three of a kind, fives(5 5).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(K K).
      MP3 wins with three of a kind, fives(5 5).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello XandreW36,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Guess somewhat seems to be fine the raise, although sometimes I would do it even bigger and not give great odds for them to set-mine. And raise it even to $2 while we are even a bit deeper.

As played
      Postflop: Basically as you went for such a line on turn then it's rather a Bet/Fold as you went for block-bet. Or did you went for somewhat trap line and induce him to raise with bluff? And do you expect him to have in 3bet pot a bluff? And there is not much to do with the odds, we basically either are far behind there or far ahead. And with your line I'd basically Bet/Fold there because I don't think that he is raising there with just Qx anyways.

Best regards.