id check

• 20 replies
    • belgianwaff
      belgianwaff
      Bronze
      hey guys,just waiting to hear my id got there.not sayng'where the hells my money or anything' lol anyways thanks
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi belgianwaff,

We've transferred the money to your account. Have fun and don't gamble it away. ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • alooboy
      alooboy
      Basic
      is it perfectly safe to send our ids to this site? Im just a lil concerned...
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi alooboy,

We need your documents just to make sure there's no abuse. Of course your information will be kept in confidence and not passed to any third party. If you're unwilling to provide your ID, we cannot give you the money.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • zamwise
      zamwise
      Silver
      Hi thunderbird56,

one friend of mine asked this:

If he registers to PokerStrategy, but does not pass (or even try) the quiz, but registers an account at an affiliate poker platform, will he get the strategy points and advance in the ranking system as normal?

The reason for this is that has interest for study material here, but not for a 50$ starting capital, and he does not want to send his id over the net.

Thanks for your answer,

-- Z --
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi zamwise,

The quiz is only for members who are interested in our starting capital offer. If your friend doesn't want to get the starting capital, he doesn't need to take the quiz. Of course he can still collect StrategyPoints and climb up the rank if he registers with our bonus code and benefits from our first deposit bonus.

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • zamwise
      zamwise
      Silver
      Thanks for this info :)

The friend I was referring to is already a high roller so a 50 dollar starting capital means almost nothing to him (he has cashed out something like 200k within last 4 months from tournaments).

He gets deposit bonus (a small source of motivation) and higher ranking, I get referring bonus. It's a win-win situation for both of us and I think it is a win situation for PokerStrategy as well :) He was mostly interested in Titan Poker's 2 million guaranteed tournament in November. I might get few other friends referred that way too.

Have a nice weekend!

-- Z --
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Thank you for referring your friends to PokerStrategy!

Of course it's a win/ win/ win situation: for you, for your friends, and for us! ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • pokrgod11
      pokrgod11
      Global
      just wondering, id checks are random right? so i might not have to send my id over the net if im not chosen for the id check?

thx

(just find sending ids over the web a lil risky, despite however trustworthy this site may be)
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Yes, it's random. You don't have to send anything unless you get an email requesting it.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      how soon will you know if u have to get an id check, I've waited just a little bit over 48 hours, but have not got an e-mail.
    • hoangduy
      hoangduy
      Basic
      i passed the quiz. now woderring if i have to get that check?
    • Tanzy
      Tanzy
      Basic
      ok so i get an email requesting an ID check. thats kool, i have my NZ drivers licence here ready and waiting but what does this mean:

We ask you to send us a copy of your identity card (front-and back cover).
      In case the data on your id card differs from the data entered at PokerStrategy please also send us an official document conferming your data in case you recently moved or something simular.

Does this mean my Driver's Licence, front and back copy is not enough. i'm not 100% sure, so i'll wait until i recieve a reply here before i bother sending the Driver Licence ID. cheers.
    • zamwise
      zamwise
      Silver

... document conferming your data in case you recently moved or something simular.
      I have never received this email, but just out of curiosity:
      conferming
      simular

Are those words really written like that? I'm not a native english speaker but those still seem to be wrong. In all guides for finding out untrustworthy internet action among the first guidelines is to see the correctness of the text. I think that PokerStrategy is a trustworthy site and therefore I'd suggest you check all emails to be sent once again.

All the best, :)

-- Z --
    • Jdimaggio
      Jdimaggio
      Bronze
      I got an email requesting an ID check, however, there is absolutely no way I am willing to just send any website that kind of information. I do not even use my credit cards online.

Thank you for your offer PS, unfortunately, I cannot oblige with the security check. Looks like more freerolls for me, I knew the offer was too good to be true...

Seems like these ID checks have a little more to them then being random.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

@Ave27: we've transferred the money to your account. Wish you best luck!

@hoangduy: we're working on your profile. Please be patient.

@Tanzy: Please scan your driver's license and send it to security@pokerstrategy.com. It suffices.

@Jdimaggio: It's up to you. If you cannot provide us with your ID, we cannot give you the money.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • Jdimaggio
      Jdimaggio
      Bronze

@Jdimaggio: It's up to you. If you cannot provide us with your ID, we cannot give you the money.
      What is an acceptable form of identification? I assume you mean drivers license correct? Are there any other, safer forms?
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      We accept any legal document as long as it has your full name and date of birth on it, such as passport, national ID card, driver's license, student card. Please note that the point of the ID-check is just to make sure there's no abuse.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • Jdimaggio
      Jdimaggio
      Bronze
      I have emailed an acceptable form of ID.