[NL2-NL10] NL5 cg AK MP3

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Villain is 9/7 over 120 hands, 2.7 agg, 100% cbet so far.

Should I fold this hand preflop ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.81)
      BB ($6.05)
      UTG ($7.90)
      UTG+1 ($6.72)
      UTG+2 ($5.22)
      MP1 ($2)
      Hero ($5.41)
      CO ($5.17)
      BTN ($1.06)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.12) 7:diamond: J:heart: 6:club:

BB bets $0.70, Hero folds

BB wins $1.05
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

You wont get paid anyways on flop and you wont be able to make his 3bet range to fold either. You ain't raising it from LP too, so therefore he will rather have a stronger hand in his range. I'd basically just fold preflop against those kind of opponents.

Best regards.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Hope you don't mind me jumping in, but this reminds me of a hand I posted recently here.

Similar to your hand above, hero bets, tight BB 3bets and hero calls in position preflop. Veriz and luizsilveira were kind enough to make some quite detailed points, so if you haven't seen the other hand eval already I hope the link is useful.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by member001
      Hope you don't mind me jumping in, but this reminds me of a hand I posted recently here.

Similar to your hand above, hero bets, tight BB 3bets and hero calls in position preflop. Veriz and luizsilveira were kind enough to make some quite detailed points, so if you haven't seen the other hand eval already I hope the link is useful.
      Thanks, very helpful.

Btw. it´s funny that if this was rush, I wouldn´t have to think twice before folding but since I was playing regular table I made some stupid mistakes :D .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by member001

Thanks, very helpful.

Btw. it´s funny that if this was rush, I wouldn´t have to think twice before folding but since I was playing regular table I made some stupid mistakes :D .
      Wouldn't say like it's a very big mistake actually while his raise is just so damn small. :D Like a min-raise. Although likely it's safer to fold unless you have a plan postflop.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I wouldn´t say it´s that small, it´s close to 3x.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      I wouldn´t say it´s that small, it´s close to 3x.
      I'd say it's still small, you getting pretty great odds for set mining for example and as well he is OOP. Which makes even easier to play for us.