This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

saying hi and thanks

• karl43
      karl43
      Bronze
      :f_cool: Hi to all you people and poker stategy

Have been on here for a while and my poker play is starting to get better,
      i have become much more patience poker player and are slowly starting to be a winning one to.

Have been watching a tons of videoes and read a lot .
      I know everybody says you have to beat micro stakes to get better
      I JUST CANT DO IT

Now i moved up a little in stakes not high i think i play up to 0,25 in big blinds now and this has helped me a lot , i dont say this will work for every body but it did for me .
      I think it is working because when i sit at a table whit 2 or 5 dollars i dont concentrate i know i should ,but sitting at a table whit 25 makes me play my A game .
      And another thing that help me a lot is taking the time to see back at my sessions ,i go in and look at the hands i lost and calculate the odds on them and if i am in whit the best hand and lose to a lucky river its sad but i can accept it ,because i know if i keep doing it i will win most of the times.

hope this make just a little bit of sence
  • 2 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      hey there karl43!

Sounds like you've really come a far way with realizing what is important! It took me forever to get this all figured out and from there it just keeps on going ;)

GL with everything and why not start a blog in the blogsection? That way you can keep us up to date on your progress and perhaps help a fellow player or two :)

:f_thumbsup:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Karl43,

I think your post is actually quite interesting. I mean for sure playing above your bankroll is a bad idea, but if you're comfortable depositing again then it isn't too big a deal.

If you have 15-20 buy ins for a cash game and feel like you have a big edge on your opponents and you're reallyt enjoying the game from a social side then I think it's absolutely fine.

I definitely wouldn't reccomend it for one of our new players who have just received their free $50 as they really should try to learn as much as possible in the first few months and the only thing they would learn from playing with a 2bi bankroll is that it hurts to go broke.

Let us know how you get on and if you do a blog featuring lots of aggresive SENSIBLE bankroll management then I'd follow for sure :)