attuide towards money article

• scott02
      scott02
      Bronze
      reading this article i found out i am a grounded player.
      does anyone have any tips on how i can change the way i play. Should i be more aggressive when the time seems right, or fold if i know i'm beaten as this is one of my flaws, i will carry on playing not realising that they could have a possible striaght on the flop or turn because i'm focusing on my hand. its easy to see i do this but harder to put it into practive.
  • 4 replies
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      I'm much of a grounded player, too.
      Though I don't find it worrying, as it is said grounded players are moderately winning which is just fine for me.
      All I want is to get some extra income to spend and actually I don't really care whether I play the perfect game or not - as long as I am winning.
      After all, grounded is much better than uninhibited, and reaching the pro level just requires too much time and commitment which I cannot spare..
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'm in between those. It's hard to really seperate the value of the chips from the chip amount itself (grounder), but nevertheless, I never play with fear and throw money in whenever I feel it's +EV not caring about variance (pro), yet I do like to make my plays from time to time just for fun and bring some variation to my play (uninhibited)

So, I don't know where to classify myself.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      I play cash games pretty tight. I play SNG's pretty lose tho. I'm not sure why. prob cuz sng its just a big bunch of chips and in cash i play a tight sss.