This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

attuide towards money article

• scott02
      scott02
      Bronze
      reading this article i found out i am a grounded player.
      does anyone have any tips on how i can change the way i play. Should i be more aggressive when the time seems right, or fold if i know i'm beaten as this is one of my flaws, i will carry on playing not realising that they could have a possible striaght on the flop or turn because i'm focusing on my hand. its easy to see i do this but harder to put it into practive.
  • 4 replies
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      I'm much of a grounded player, too.
      Though I don't find it worrying, as it is said grounded players are moderately winning which is just fine for me.
      All I want is to get some extra income to spend and actually I don't really care whether I play the perfect game or not - as long as I am winning.
      After all, grounded is much better than uninhibited, and reaching the pro level just requires too much time and commitment which I cannot spare..
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'm in between those. It's hard to really seperate the value of the chips from the chip amount itself (grounder), but nevertheless, I never play with fear and throw money in whenever I feel it's +EV not caring about variance (pro), yet I do like to make my plays from time to time just for fun and bring some variation to my play (uninhibited)

So, I don't know where to classify myself.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      I play cash games pretty tight. I play SNG's pretty lose tho. I'm not sure why. prob cuz sng its just a big bunch of chips and in cash i play a tight sss.