the call-a-PF-raise-with-any-two-cards strategy

• deathace
      deathace
      Bronze
      Is this some genuine strategy or are there really so many id***s around? And of course the pokergod seems to favor the dumb and drunks as the regular one is said to do...

I keep getting calls against my preflop raises in NL SSS with 38, T5, 34, 24 etc etc, suited and offsuit and they keep winning.

Some sample hands. I have AK, one calls bb before me, I make the standard $2,5 raise in NL0,5, two calls. Flop 9AK so I have two pairs. They check, pot was over $8 so I went all-in with the rest of my $6 just to be safe 'cause I already lost a few hands to donks/callingstations earlier. One calls. He had Q6 hearts, K on the flop was hearts. Then of course the turn and river were both hearts and I lost.

Another hand, I have AA, make a preflop raise, one calls. Flop was some low cards all c. He checked so I made a raise to all-in. He called with 24 offsuit, 4 was c. River was c and I lost.

77, preflop raise, a few calls. Flop 689. They check, I go all-in, one calls. He has Q3 offsuit, turn is Q and I lose.

Same with AK, preflop raise, got called with 34 and he got a straight on turn.

99 preflop raise, called with T5, flop T5 two pairs.

Another one with AK suited, flush draw on flop, came to an all-in vs AJ. Had 80% on turn, even though turn and river gave him a straight so I lost again.

Even lost with KQ vs KQ on river...

And that's only a fraction of all the hands. And weirdly enough, those players usually have quite a large bankroll even though they call all sorts of raises with any two cards. So just wondering, is this some sort of strategy or something? Because I've lost about 25% of my bankroll in just one day mostly with SSS on hands like that (not counting the hands I won)...seems to be a profiting strategy to me...play like a retard and you'll have all the luck in the world?!
  • 4 replies
    • KillaKHAN
      KillaKHAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deathace
      Is this some genuine strategy or are there really so many id***s around? And of course the pokergod seems to favor the dumb and drunks as the regular one is said to do...

I keep getting calls against my preflop raises in NL SSS with 38, T5, 34, 24 etc etc, suited and offsuit and they keep winning.

Some sample hands. I have AK, one calls bb before me, I make the standard $2,5 raise in NL0,5, two calls. Flop 9AK so I have two pairs. They check, pot was over $8 so I went all-in with the rest of my $6 just to be safe 'cause I already lost a few hands to donks/callingstations earlier. One calls. He had Q6 hearts, K on the flop was hearts. Then of course the turn and river were both hearts and I lost.

Another hand, I have AA, make a preflop raise, one calls. Flop was some low cards all c. He checked so I made a raise to all-in. He called with 24 offsuit, 4 was c. River was c and I lost.

77, preflop raise, a few calls. Flop 689. They check, I go all-in, one calls. He has Q3 offsuit, turn is Q and I lose.

Same with AK, preflop raise, got called with 34 and he got a straight on turn.

99 preflop raise, called with T5, flop T5 two pairs.

Another one with AK suited, flush draw on flop, came to an all-in vs AJ. Had 80% on turn, even though turn and river gave him a straight so I lost again.

Even lost with KQ vs KQ on river...

And that's only a fraction of all the hands. And weirdly enough, those players usually have quite a large bankroll even though they call all sorts of raises with any two cards. So just wondering, is this some sort of strategy or something? Because I've lost about 25% of my bankroll in just one day mostly with SSS on hands like that (not counting the hands I won)...seems to be a profiting strategy to me...play like a retard and you'll have all the luck in the world?!
      Go back and calculate the pot odds for all of these situations, post some sample hands in the sample hands forum.

Everyone takes some bad beats from time to time. Just make sure you play the limits your bankroll allows so you don't go bankrupt on a series of unlucky beats.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi deathace!

Don't become desperate. Everyone gets bad beats. Make sure that you stick to the rules of the SSS and post some hands in the sample hand boards to get some further advice.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      lol i know what u mean. I had a guy call my AA all in bet with 9,7o. Of course the flop can 2,7,7.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/How-to-improve-my-game_01180