Hero (SB): $6.20
      BB: $6.14
      UTG: $5.00
      MP: $4.25
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $5.34

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:club: J:spade:

fold, MP calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, CO raises to $5.00 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $3.80

Flop: ($10.35, 2 players) K:club: 5:spade: K:diamond:

Turn: ($10.35, 2 players) T:club:

River: ($10.35, 2 players) 2:heart:

CO shows A:spade: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows J:club: J:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      CO wins $9.66

I didn't have any stats about him... what do u think? I think that I would have folded this hand before watching movie "crushing microlimits" but coach encourages to call with JJ+ and AKs/o. I don't know what think about this... Now I feel sorrow because my winning session I change in losing one...
  • 5 replies
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      sorry... mistake
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Without reads I wouldn't call.

At these limits I don't see people bluffing often enough, and no one shoves TT- for value. So in the best possible scenario you are in a flip with AK... I don't think it's worth it. By my estimates you are paying $4.80 to a pot of $ 6.25; enough for a flip but you need quite a lot of equity vs. his range there.

I know this is ridiculously tight, but until further reads and on NL2/NL4, I'd assign him this for a shoving range:

Board:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    38.08%  37.87%   0.21% { JJ }
      MP3    61.92%  61.71%   0.21% { QQ+, AQs+, AKo }

If he bluffed us, so be it. You can't be so much afraid of being bluffed, and of course after we see him doing it we can call lighter. But I'd not assume he would simply shove JJ- or something like AJs and not call and see a flop in position.

It would be different if you were the CO, he 3bet you, then, maybe, if he actively defends blinds with light 3bets you could consider 4betting. But then again... I think you'd be isolating yourself vs. top of range and/or turning your JJ into a bluff; I don't see people doing that so often on NL5, only some more aggressive regulars would do it. Most regulars I've seen are nits who only 3bet for value, and fishes don't even know 3bets except for AA or KK.

Also, bear in mind that 4betting or shoving is always much much more +EV than calling... especially vs. regs. Vs. fishes your fold equity in 4betting/shoving is zero, as they easily think they are "commited".

That's what I think, but I suck so lets wait the proper analysis :f_biggrin:

And I understand you but I don't think you should feel sorrow. Experimenting different moves is an important part of learning. E.g., you can't learn to 3barrel without many of them going wrong - and they are, of course, expensive.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

As you went for 3bet then basically there is not much to do. You mainly had the plan to do it for value. You need only like 37% equity there to make it break-even and even against the range of luizsilveira, you see you are getting it. Therefore you likely even getting the break-even Call. Therefore if you really want to take the variance then you can even consider Calling.

For example if he even does push with wider range, lets say TT+:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    44.20%  42.93%   1.27% { JsJc }
      UTG+1  55.80%  54.53%   1.27% { TT+, AQs+, AKo }

We see that we even getting better equity.

But most often at those spots that's true that we at the best anyways get a coinflip. And for avoiding variance I might at some spots consider folding as well.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      What about when my opponent doesn't have 100bb. Tell about <75bb?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      What about when my opponent doesn't have 100bb. Tell about <75bb?
      Then it's even easier Call because you will get much better odds.