$51.38
      SB:
      $26.11
      BB:
      $25.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $26.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, T.
      Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 3, J, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($5.35) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $13.35.

Villain-unknown.On the turn my plan is give up and just play c/f.It is very strange that he doesnt bet here.On the river my first though was to either play c/f or blockbet/fold.But with blockbet/fold I dont get value from anything worse so I dont like it.His betsizing is very strange given how the hand played out.If he had a FD on flop he could have raise me.If he made a flush on turn he should have bet.If he had a 1 card FD on turn he should have bet again.With a weak 1 card flush on river he would be more likely to check behind.With a strong flush he would probably bet like 1/2 pot to get at least some value.So given all this I decide to call the bet.I am not calling because I have a straight here.I am calling because I believe I have the best hand.Comments?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

On the turn my plan is give up and just play c/f.It is very strange that he doesnt bet here.

Sometimes some do even like to trap this way. And he might still Check behind few hands like JT or whatsoever. Which as well might include even a .

On the river my first though was to either play c/f or blockbet/fold.But with blockbet/fold I dont get value from anything worse so I dont like it.

I do agree that with block-bet/Fold we wont get value anyways from worse. So basically it only leaves Check/Fold or Check/Call vs a bluff.

His betsizing is very strange given how the hand played out.If he had a FD on flop he could have raise me.

He could but it's not a must. Passive opponents don't really raise with draws.

If he made a flush on turn he should have bet.

There is still a slight chance that he is even trapping you here while he might consider that you wont pay much anyways. Sometimes it's the case, although I do agree as well with your thought that his line doesn't make much sense, why is he checking?

If he had a 1 card FD on turn he should have bet again.

I disagree with that, he ain't betting always with it. If he really had some showdown value and even had a draw with , why does he have to bet it? He may easily just win the pot without even betting, not many worse hands will Call him anyways.

With a weak 1 card flush on river he would be more likely to check behind.

Not really, he should he Check behind if he might still see value even with some T.

With a strong flush he would probably bet like 1/2 pot to get at least some value.So given all this I decide to call the bet.I am not calling because I have a straight here.I am calling because I believe I have the best hand.Comments?

Nah, I wouldn't say that he is always doing with made hands a 1/2 pot size bet. But definitely it's kinda interesting that he is doing such a bet. He likely either has a bluff or has a somewhat value-hand which contains a flush.

Therefore being against an unknown opponent the line is pretty close for me, I'd likely just fold it while he may still sometimes even hold a trap or as well if he would have wanted to bluff then why the heck he didn't do it on turn? Guess more often he had there some showdown value and which decided to Check behind and didn't want to get Check/Raised.

Best regards.
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Thanks for the thorough analization.I have to brag a little and say that he actually had A3dd for a total bluff(on this board).So I am super proud of myself that I managed to go through all this during the hand and found a winning call .Of course vs unknown I could have been wrong and then I would have felt rather :f_confused: .
      It is still strange that he didnt bluff the turn where I would have folded like 100%.But anyhow,thanks again, I dedicate this hand to all of you -the coaches at PS,which shows that there is improvement in my game but there is till much more to learn.
      Cheers :)