[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aq Sb

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      I have no idea why I tend to do such fancy plays here and there ... I guess it´s just my personality, I am the kind of person who wants to be the best in everything I do, so maybe that´s why I am trying to outplay my opponents that much in poker too ... well it´s an obvious leak though ... any ideas how to control myself ? Guess I need to figure this out myself.

Villain is 19/16 over 69 hands, agg 0,7, cbet 67%.
      Limper is fish playing 39/24 over 33 hands.

So why do I check raise ... hm I guess, because I have a gutshot, this is a good board for that against somewhat thinking opponent, I block some broadways - AJ, QJ less likely, also I have Ace of spades ... another reason - I guess if he was protecting, he is gonna make it bigger. Board hits my perceived range imo. But I am probably thinking too far, which is even -EV on this limit. Also there is the fish in the hand and I am sandwiched. Not good situation for me.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($9.71)
      BB ($13.08)
      UTG ($5.49)
      UTG+1 ($5.51)
      UTG+2 ($3.80)
      MP1 ($5)
      MP2 ($5.20)
      CO ($5.62)
      BTN ($1.05)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.15, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.13, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.50) J:spade: 9:spade: 8:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.75, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds

Hero shows Q:diamond: A:spade:

Hero wins $1.12
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

any ideas how to control myself ?

Guess it's not only you, a lot players tend to do such moves at the beginning of poker and you will get better with time and experience. :) Just at some spots try to push back your ego and don't try always to overplay, especially against loose players.

About the hand:
      The main problem is that we are in such a multiway pot and as well even loose opponents are in the hand. That's why I wouldn't even consider picking such a line. The second mistake is that you just did a horrible raise, you basically telling exactly the hand you having, that it's not a strong hand. If you want to do a raise then rather do it normal size.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

any ideas how to control myself ?

Guess it's not only you, a lot players tend to do such moves at the beginning of poker and you will get better with time and experience. :) Just at some spots try to push back your ego and don't try always to overplay, especially against loose players.
      Definitely an ego problem. Did you have something similar at the beginning of your poker carrier ?

The second mistake is that you just did a horrible raise, you basically telling exactly the hand you having, that it's not a strong hand. If you want to do a raise then rather do it normal size.
      Normal would be ? Potsize ? --> 1,85$ if I am correct about what potsize is :D ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Definitely an ego problem. Did you have something similar at the beginning of your poker carrier ?

Wouldn't say that exactly that kind of situations but something similar. If you want to play good poker then you as well have to try improving yourself and try to be the best. But of course that doesn't mean that you have to play against everyone and with any hands now. :D

Normal would be ? Potsize ? --> 1,85$ if I am correct about what potsize is ?

Pot size is $1,55 -> 3x 0,35 + pot.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Pot size is $1,55 -> 3x 0,35 + pot.
      Yeah, obviously. I counted 3x pot + his bet size .. tired obv :D