[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH 66 Sb

• MrMardyBum
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($7.22)
      BB ($5.99) (21/10/7.1) Additional stats - 22% 3-bet from BB vs Steal and 83% Flop C-bet
      UTG ($5.47)
      CO ($6.31)
      BTN ($8.97) (35/13/3.2) Roughly 100 hands at this point on each opponent involved.

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:heart:

fold, fold, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.23, BB raises to $0.74, fold, Hero calls $0.51

FLOP ($1.53) 8:spade: 8:diamond: T:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87

TURN ($3.27) 8:spade: 8:diamond: T:heart: 5:heart:

Hero checks, BB checks

RIVER ($3.27) 8:spade: 8:diamond: T:heart: 5:heart: 5:spade:

Hero bets $1.80,

BB Folds

What do think of my line here? I had been iso raising the BTN quite a lot, and think that the BB saw this and as he was 3-bet happy from the BB anyway, so I decide to call the 3-bet with the intention of calling a standard size C-bet on the flop, to evaluate the turn. On the turn when he decides to check back to me I decide that he probably has A,J+, K,Q so decide to lead the river with confidence I am ahead and that A high may call with 2-pair on board. But if I get raised I am folding as A,T, A,8 and K,T I think are not totally out of his range as well as some SC that have me beat 7,8 9,T T,J etc.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello MrMardyBum,

Preflop: If you really do have such a aggressive 3bettor then why do you raise at all? I'd basically just Call and be happy if he raises then we will likely get correct odds. But as played the problem is that we likely might at the best get a correct odds when BTN as well Calls but we can't be sure of it. While he has a very wide range the problem is that if we even do hit then he is very often not going to pay us. Therefore I'd even consider rather just Calling but as played rather folding, we as well will be playing OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to add, I'd play the same way. I do like the bet on river, make it rather smaller and maybe even get called by some Ax or sometimes even some Kx if he does hero-calls. :D

Best regards.