Just starting on forum

• buckshot12345
      buckshot12345
      Bronze
      Hey everyone just started viewing the forum for the 1st time, have been a member for a couple months now though. My name is Evan a 20year old from Canada and definetly have seen quite a few poker hands lol. I have been playing poker on a steady basis for about 7 years but in the first 4 years or so more towards the live spectrum with friends( always coming out on top though;) lolll Since then have been more towards the online world last few years with more of my success coming recently. Especially with the switch from Online cash games to mtt's. I started my 1st ever blog today So any comments on either would be awesome! Goodluck at the tables everyone .... Btw currently playing on PDC Poker (Merge Gaming) under the screen name BIGHICK.
  • 8 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      OMG! Playing since you were 13! Crazy :D

So are you still in love with the game as much as you were when you were in the "honeymoon" period?

I'm glad you are enjoying your new MTT challenge, they can be very high variance and often tilting but when you win one it feels so good :D

Good luck at the tables and make sure your blog is often updated.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello there Evan, (coooolest name)

Big welcome to our community!

What do you think, playing live vs. online what are the advantages and its disadvantages?

Think many of our members started playing in live tourneys with friends for fun and slowly switched to online... for me personally, it disturbs me that I can't see my opponent, pretty hard to read him/her which is my biggest advantage when I play :D

You guys, if you wanna check out Evans's blog clickclickclickclick before it's too late!

You see Evan, I'm putting your blog here because the SuperDuperModerators will be here to greet you soon ...they are lurking around here somewhere :f_love:

Keep us updated on your progress
      Ingrid

Ps: maybe one of them even help you to fix your signature and put your blog in there ;) or would you like me to do that?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      OMG! Playing since you were 13! Crazy :D

So are you still in love with the game as much as you were when you were in the "honeymoon" period?

I'm glad you are enjoying your new MTT challenge, they can be very high variance and often tilting but when you win one it feels so good :D

Good luck at the tables and make sure your blog is often updated.
      Noooot happening pleno boy!!! You beaten me to it!! :f_biggrin:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Why of course, I'm not a superduperfantastico moderator for no reason :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Why of course, I'm not a superduperfantastico moderator for no reason :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
      oh yes, keep forgetting that... sorry my highness! :s_cool:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi evan!

sorry im so slow in welcoming you compared to the superdooopermoderators here. hehe :f_biggrin: see, that's why i'm only a regular moderator (but i hope not for too long :f_biggrin: ).
      i want to be super, like these guys.

will check out your blog soon! just wanted to extend my warm welcome here as well. and omg i cant believe you've been playing for 7 years. that's practically a career already. hehe.

and where are the answers to their questions? im curious about them too :)

smiles,
      Wendy
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Oh come on Wendy, you are super in all our eyes :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Oh come on Wendy, you are super in all our eyes :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:
      :f_love: