[NL2-NL10] NL10 87o makes 2pair

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I don't know if this was a bit out of hand on my part considering we sat with effective stacks of 183BB. But he didn't strike me as a very good or reasonable player even before this happened.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      SB:
      $7.98
      BB:
      $18.34
      MP1:
      $6.08
      Hero:
      $21

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 8:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.50, MP1 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.40.

Here I put him on TT+, AJ+ and KQ

Flop: ($2.10) 8:heart: , 7:diamond: , T:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $3, MP1 folds, Hero calls $3.00, SB folds.

His overbet here is to me really weird, it doesn't make much sense imo, so the range I put him on preflop was pretty much the same, although I really believed him more likely to be on a bluff than holding an overpair, and especially a set.

But I don't know, should I have raised him right here on the flop?

Turn: ($8.10) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $14.84 (All-In), Hero calls $14.84.

Now the possible flush hit and he shoves, wtf? Still, his actions doesn't really add up to me as a great hand. The only thing I beat here is 2 overcards and an overpair ofc.

I didn't believe that he would've played a set like this, nor a flushdraw so I decided to take a gamble and call his big shove here on the turn.

River: ($37.78) T:heart:

Final Pot: $37.78

So, as I've said, I'm not exactly sure if this was a good play or not albeit my analysis of the situation. Comments and feedback please :) .
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Fold preflop!
      Fold or raise flop. If you call, as he is a big aggressor, you will get a second barrel on the turn. You should either go all-in on the flop or fold. If i raise here i push, since i don't want to get reraised, and i want maximum fold equity (there are only 4 outs :/)

As played, i think i would have gone all-in on the flop, since i put him on overpair, or maybe a set of Tens...
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I would definitely fold preflop. As playeed, I reraise the flop. He may have TT and I'm dead, but he may also play JJ+ or a FD with 2 overs the same way.