This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 87o makes 2pair

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I don't know if this was a bit out of hand on my part considering we sat with effective stacks of 183BB. But he didn't strike me as a very good or reasonable player even before this happened.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      SB:
      $7.98
      BB:
      $18.34
      MP1:
      $6.08
      Hero:
      $21

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 8:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB raises to $0.50, MP1 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.40.

Here I put him on TT+, AJ+ and KQ

Flop: ($2.10) 8:heart: , 7:diamond: , T:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $3, MP1 folds, Hero calls $3.00, SB folds.

His overbet here is to me really weird, it doesn't make much sense imo, so the range I put him on preflop was pretty much the same, although I really believed him more likely to be on a bluff than holding an overpair, and especially a set.

But I don't know, should I have raised him right here on the flop?

Turn: ($8.10) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $14.84 (All-In), Hero calls $14.84.

Now the possible flush hit and he shoves, wtf? Still, his actions doesn't really add up to me as a great hand. The only thing I beat here is 2 overcards and an overpair ofc.

I didn't believe that he would've played a set like this, nor a flushdraw so I decided to take a gamble and call his big shove here on the turn.

River: ($37.78) T:heart:

Final Pot: $37.78

So, as I've said, I'm not exactly sure if this was a good play or not albeit my analysis of the situation. Comments and feedback please :) .
  • 2 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Fold preflop!
      Fold or raise flop. If you call, as he is a big aggressor, you will get a second barrel on the turn. You should either go all-in on the flop or fold. If i raise here i push, since i don't want to get reraised, and i want maximum fold equity (there are only 4 outs :/)

As played, i think i would have gone all-in on the flop, since i put him on overpair, or maybe a set of Tens...
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I would definitely fold preflop. As playeed, I reraise the flop. He may have TT and I'm dead, but he may also play JJ+ or a FD with 2 overs the same way.