Greetings

• LucidDementia
      LucidDementia
      Bronze
      Hi folks. Cordial greetings from rural England! :)

I have stumbled across the site and due to my poker history I'm leaping at the opportunity.

I've been playing poker for years; cash, STT and Tourneys both live and online. I am considered by my peers to be highly capable in all formats and love a good HORSE session. I've had many successes over the years but my biggest problem has always been bankroll. I simply have never been able to afford to put a true separate BR together, even when I have had a good tourney cash something has cropped up that just had to be paid and I'm back to playing for pennies. :(
      An example fresh in my mind was a recent run from 7FPPs on PokerStars up into $125...then I found myself struggling for the rent so out it came.

So in short my hope is to take this opportunity to have a BR, however small, that stands alone and can be built on.

Anyhow, I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet; I'm awaiting my chips on William Hill and look forward to making a good start and of course getting to know all you guys.

Thanks for reading!
  • 7 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey LucidDementia,

Your bankroll problems remind me of when I was at University, often I would withdraw and spend it on IRL things. Eventually I realised the more I kept on, the quicker my bankroll would grow thus the more chance of me cashing out a larger amount.

Where abouts in England do you come from? I'm from Newcastle.

Look forward to seeing your bankroll grow and hopefully if you don't cash out you can turn the $50 into $1m. Why not?

Also you should totally join the English team in our battle against out Polish team, find out more info here: Community Battle: English vs Polish

Thanks

Patrick
    • LucidDementia
      LucidDementia
      Bronze
      Thanks for the welcome!

I'm in Shropshire but spent much of my time playing in Stoke on Trent and around the Midlands. I assume you're in the big Newcastle, not our little one? :)

I'll certainly be up for the team challenge if I can get some funds back onto Stars; if memory serves I currently have 44c. lol
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yes the "big" Newcastle :)

I've been to Stoke a few times actually, I think we can call your fans "Rowdy" :P

0.44c on Stars? Spinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn up time :D :D Get to $1.10 and then crush the Polish team! It's what dreams are made of!

Looking forward to playing alongside you on Sunday and see your bankroll gro and grow.
    • LucidDementia
      LucidDementia
      Bronze
      I've just logged in, I actually have $0.14 :D

Trying the 2c Hypers for a mad rush.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by LucidDementia

gogogogogoogogog. If you fail to qualify I'll ship you the $1.10 :)
    • LucidDementia
      LucidDementia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Originally posted by LucidDementia

gogogogogoogogog. If you fail to qualify I'll stake you the $1.10 :)

What a guy! And should that occur I'll send you a gram of pure silver. :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey LucidDementia,

what a nick btw :D welcome to our community! there's lot of great guys around. i see you've already met patrick. he's one of the best :f_biggrin: hey patrick, how about staking me $1.10 too? :f_biggrin: hehe...

anyway, good luck with the bankroll management. i hope you'll be able to grow yours into a nice healthy size.

cheers,
      Wendy