[NL2-NL10] NL10 RUSH, Deep, AKo

• samlar
      samlar
      Bronze
      Villain had a 13% 3bet range but only from a 27 hand sample. So I min 4bet to try get him off the hand, he cold calls.

Flop. I think I should have played way ahead/way behind here and gone for a check but I tried to get him off his hand early with a Cbet.

As played. I hit Two pair on a dry board. I bet for value. He calls.

River?? fold?

I'm quite new to being deep I normally re-buy. I understand now that I should have played a way ahead/way behind line. Just trying to see if I should give up my hand with top two pair.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $1.51
      UTG2:
      $14.22
      MP1 (Hero):
      $13.42
      MP2:
      $10.52
      MP3:
      $4.53
      CO:
      $19.23
      BU:
      $15.01
      SB:
      $3.35
      BB:
      $22.14

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.90, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($3.15) K, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.15) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00.

River: ($15.15) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $11.73(All-In), Hero calls $5.92.

Final Pot: $32.8.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello samlar,

Preflop: Don't really like the min-4bet here. Rather would do it a normal size like $3 while you are OOP and as well even that deep against him. And sometimes I would even consider folding actually here while we really have that small sample on him.

As played
      Postflop: Bet/Bet/Bet would be likely my line. Of course it's hard to see him Calling with a lot worse. But main mistake you made was preflop making such a small raise and giving him great odds for set-mine.

One option would be to play tricky at some spot and maybe let him bluff but while I don't really know how he does play postflop then I'd basically go for Bet/Bet/Bet line here with my top2.

And add-on that with playing Check/Call you will never find out where you stand with your hand. Just rather look back into the play preflop and think about it how great odds you gave him to set-mine.

Best regards.