[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush QJs

• Jim4rdo
      Hello :)

Your thoughts on this hand?

I raised him on the flop just because I wasn't sure if that was just a weak bet which he planned to give up after.

On the turn I see I've got so many outs, pretty much all clean. the 8 from fd, 4 from k, 4 from 9.

Thinking anyway I should maybe raise bigger on the flop, and then I can also raise bigger on the turn for value.

I didn't actually see his end stack so could have bet the extra 40c or whatever to put him all in, but anyway.

Is it ok to play the hand this aggressive with just the draws?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.6) 8, 4, A (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.35, SB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.3) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75.

River: ($2.8) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.15, SB raises to $3.27, Hero calls $1.12.

Final Pot: $9.34.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Flop: Actually I'd even raise it bigger, I would just take the min-bet as somewhat Check and add the amount to the pot. So the pot would be like $0,70 and my CBet would be like $0,50.

As played
      Turn: The problem is that I don't think that we are going to make a lot of hands to fold here. Basically your idea with the Bet is here to build up the pot. I guess I might even consider Checking behind at some spots. Although I do agree that there are spots where I do bet here as well.
      River: You can as well just shove while those opponents are anyways pretty bad and will Call you down with the Ax anyways. :D His stack does tell a story about him as well that he ain't the best player.

Best regards.