SnG 18-man non/turbo)

• KillerFishes
      Hi guys :)

I've been quite successful in playing CG,MTTs so now, I am going to take my chance in Sngs :)

I've chosen 18Man sngs on PS :)

I have about 500$ Broll, however, want to start in 1.5$ buyins to get used to structure etc.

What do you receommend me to improve as fast as possible? :) I'm watching videos/ reading articles ..
      Trying to get some ICM thoughts + working with SnG Wizard, do you have any more thoughts what can I do?

Or if you know about some really good series I would love it! :)
  • 2 replies
    • pzhon
      Starting in low stakes games makes sense regardless of your bankroll. Bankroll management is really supposed to be for those who have already established that they are winners, and when you are new you haven't. When you are trying a new form of poker, it's reasonable to play for low stakes and set a stop-loss, and reassess after a set number of games or when you hit the stop-loss.

Even if your goal is to play 18-player SNGs, you may want to start with 9-player SNGs or 6-player SNGs. There are several reasons for this:

:diamond: The situations are simpler, and you can tell at a glance what the stage of the tournament is.

:diamond: The risk-aversion is less extreme, so there are fewer times when it is correct to fold hands like AK against a wide range, which can be quite counterintuitive at first.

:diamond: You get more rapid feedback since the tournaments fill faster and are shorter, and it is much more common to cash or even to win.

:diamond: There are more training tools like SNG Wizard and ICM Trainer. SNG Wizard can help at the final table, but you should start to be risk-averse before you get to the final table in an 18-player SNG.

:diamond: There are more articles/videos/books about STT SNGs than MTT SNGs.

Once you are comfortable playing 9-player SNGs, then you will be more confident at the final table of an 18-player SNG. You will have to make some adjustments, but the transition should be easier than going directly from cash games to 18-player SNGs.
    • Gunn56
      doing 18 mans myself on stars the 1 50 ones see you at the tables mikegunn on stars .....