Liquidity on European sites?

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Well... have a look at this. This is the state of PLO10 at William Hill at this very moment...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guys in blue are ROCK NITTY regs who just exchange money with each other. I have like 1.5k hands for each of them on my HM already... and so they must have on me. The 2 or 3 fishes are spread at other tables...

Guess how many tables we have IN TOTAL if I look at the lobby? Those 4... no more than that at this very moment. The rest of the tables are empty.

There are regs all over in the last few days, even though the site has about 15k players right now (a "peak" at WH, by the way). I played for 2.5 hours today and ran quite well until this very moment, but I'm quitting for a few hours just to see if the tables get better. I'm not sitting with those regs all day long. I was ready for a 6 hours+ session today but... look at this. I suppose other rooms have the same problem...

I still have more than $500 to clear from my deposit bonus, but I'm considering moving to another room.

Any ideas? People told me about the OnGame Network or EuroPoker...
  • 10 replies
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Lol iPoker. EuroPoker is Ongame's skin :)
      Try it or Boss Media maybe.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Guys in green are fishes... everybody seems to orbit them and wait for a spot to take their stacks. Meanwhile the nits battle each other and stack off in hands that go like "nuts vs 2nd nuts". Insane. LOL :s_o: :s_o: :s_o: :s_o:
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Do you know what liquidity means?
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StoneJ
      Do you know what liquidity means?
      I hope it means the number of new players that a site can absorb... so we don't have always the same guys playing. If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate if you explained me.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      liquidity generally means how quickly/easily an asset can be converted into cash at close to fair market value.

However i do think it hold here kinda, more to do with the nits not being liquidity with poker funds. You get a lot of nits who don't play many hands at all, and as a result I think you could say there is a lack of liquidity in chips and their flow.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackops888

Any ideas? People told me about the OnGame Network or EuroPoker...
      Um, Pokerstars maybe? Seriously if you want to play PLO and have a decent table selection it has to be Stars - Even FT have crap micro stakes PLO traffic.

If not Stars then change your game imo.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackops888
      I hope it means the number of new players that a site can absorb... so we don't have always the same guys playing. If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate if you explained me.
      Player liquidity is about acquiring players, but it also tries to measure the cost of acquisition. Sometimes it will be closer to a conversion ratio, that is how many of your players are logging on and playing for real money, and other times it will be a market-share ratio, how much of the total market you are accounting for.

Internally there are tons of uses for this, but you probably don't care about that one bit.

If I were a site owner and you were a player and you wanted to discuss my site's player liquidity then I personally believe we both understand that you care mostly about my sites ability to attract and keep net depositors. So you want me to acquire new players at the lowest cost possible, but still run enough incentives for them to continue playing. (It's also worth noting that this is almost always what it means in press releases.)

The reality of the business right now is that the PokerScout ranking is an excellent proxy for overall player liquidity especially when comparing the privately owned sites. (They don't release quarterly statements for us to ponder.)

I doubt that me checking right now is useful information for you, so I suggest you check during peak hours, but for $10 PLO I currently show in order: Stars, Tilt, Everest, Merge, and then iPoker. OnGame is currently not working due to their new software upgrade, but they would normally fall between Everest and Merge. Also, Stars has more PLO players than everyone else combined. :D
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Well guys... thanks for the answers. Then I'd clear my bonus on William Hill and go to Everest. From then I might go to Stars.. I don't know. I'm actually bonus whoring at the moment LOL :s_biggrin:

As I already have a Stars account I cannot have more bonuses in there, unless I create a new clandestine account, and something says I should not do that...
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      dont make a second account on stars, you put your $$ at risk!
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StoneJ
      dont make a second account on stars, you put your $$ at risk!
      Yeah... that's what I thought. No good.