[NL2-NL10] NL2 ATo from BB

• Tomaloc
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      6 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.
      Raise pre? Seems to make a lot of sense, don't really know why I didn't do it :f_confused:

Flop: ($0.06) 9, T, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, BU calls $0.04, SB folds.
      My hand is likely to be best now but with lots of draws out there I have to bet for value and protection.
      Maybe make it potsize? I felt that I was facing the consequences of not raising preflop...

Turn: ($0.14) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, BU calls $0.09.
      Blank, so I make another "standard" bet...

River: ($0.32) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU raises to $0.60, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.
      So there's the card that completes lots of draws...
      After the hand I got quite mad about my bet size, thinking that I should have made it a bit smaller, like 1/2 or even less, or even check/fold.
      I actually was thinking about "value" even though deep down there I knew that not much worse would call and that I would have to fold to any raise... doesn't seem to make much sense :f_mad:

So... I ended up with the feeling that this hand was severely misplayed in many ways. Thanks for any commentary...

Final Pot: $0.52.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      I´d raise pf, AT is strong enough hand against BU limp and SB complete
      Like your flop and turn play
      I´d c/c half potsize bet on the river. Don´t think you can bet there for value and if you´re willing to bet yourself 0.2$ bet then easily you can c/c 0.15$ bet to also see what kind of hand he has
    • veriz
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: Basically both plays are fine, if you don't really feel that comfortable playing with such a hand then Checking and playing postflop would be fine as well. Although against their limping range you can likely consider raising it.
      River: I'd actually just Check/Fold it here while it's a freeplay pot, there ain't many worse hands which may Call you anyways. And Check/Call doesn't make much sense, he ain't gonna bet with a lot worse here anyways while even not many missed draws around, a lot completed.

Best regards.