Simple Program

• JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Silver
      I'm looking for a program that has a heads up display that I can install without having to disable my security suite or reconfiguring my firewall. (That just seems wrong to me) I can't get anything from this site to work for some reason even though the guys have tried. I also can't get Holdem Manager to work and it has something to do with PostgreSQL.

If there is something out there that is easy to install and doesn't require a programming degree or PostgreSQL to install, could you recommend it please.
  • 7 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JDOG420
      If there is something out there that is easy to install and doesn't require a programming degree or PostgreSQL to install, could you recommend it please.
      Poker Copilot (Mac-only)
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Silver
      I appreciate that but, I'm on a PC.

I was looking at "Poker Wingman" and "Poker Tracker 3" if anyone has any experience with those, I would love to hear about them before making a decision.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Most off (if not all) tracking softwares work with databases (atleast PTR3 does). The program that enables it to work with thes databases is PostgreSQL (or some other alternatives). That means it is similar to HEM.

I suggest you to install PostgreSQL and use HEM ot PT3, or you can use Elephatn from this site (I think it also requires PostgreSQL)..

EDIT: HERE is the link for one-click installer for PostgreSQL. ;)
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Silver
      Thanks for the response.

The problem that I have is that PostgreSQL doesn't want to work on my computer. I have uninstalled it twice and reinstalled it but it still gives me errors which is why I was looking for something with a different DB. The guys here tried to get it to work, but it only lasted a day and then......... ;(

I got so frustrated trying to get it to work that I finally had to give it up.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      PokerTracker support will help you get all setup. Just install the trial and contact them if you have any problems.

Easy game.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JDOG420
      Thanks for the response.

The problem that I have is that PostgreSQL doesn't want to work on my computer. I have uninstalled it twice and reinstalled it but it still gives me errors which is why I was looking for something with a different DB. The guys here tried to get it to work, but it only lasted a day and then......... ;(

I got so frustrated trying to get it to work that I finally had to give it up.
      After de-installing it - go to program files - search the post gres folder delete the folder else your profile will remain.

Then install a poker program pt3 or hem and it will do the necessary for the postgres.Don't install the postgres by yourself.

if you decide to be stuborn and install it :

put password and username as postgres when pt3 or hem asked user/password put postgres xD
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Silver
      Success!!!!!!

Third time lucky (sort of)

I removed all the software that was associated with this site and reloaded PostgreSQL (bundled with another program) and it works perfectly. I finally have a HUD!!!!

Unfortunately the tech guys here couldn't tell me how to remove it without loosing my hand history, but the loss is small compared to having a program that works!!!

Thanks for the help. Watch out at the tables. :-)