Full Tilt ID Request

• nuyoricansoul
      nuyoricansoul
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to online poker, so as you can probably guess I'm looking for a bit of help / advice, cap in hand so to speak.

I recently opened a Full Tilt account and deposited USD $300 using my HSBC UK Visa Debit card.

Shortly after making the deposit I was unable to login and duly informed via e-mail that I would have to supply ID verification documents. I can, in some small way understand this as I travel a lot so I am currently playing from a country other than the address named on my account. However, it should be noted that I made the deposit from the same country that I was playing in when my account was suspended.

The interesting points here are that:

1) Full Tilt kindly waited until AFTER they had my money to request this ludicrous amount of information. Had they told me before taking my money I would not have made the deposit.

2) The amount of ID verification Full Tilt require is actually more thorough than the UK Passport Authority. SO, it is easier to get a UK passport than to get your money beck from Full Tilt!

I have since read horror stories all over the internet regarding it taking months for Full Tilt to verify the documents - leaving the customer out of pocket and unable to play.

I have sent off the required documents and I'm wondering if anybody here can help me get this issue resolved as quickly as possible - not only do I want access to MY money but I really miss playing poker! I don't want to go elsewhere as I like the Full Tilt software and feel comfortable playing there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

nuyoricansoul
  • 8 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi nuyoricansoul

Have you sent to FT all the documents they require. That is the first step. once that is done you probably will have to wait a little. There are been some cases right after black Friday that did take exceptionally long. I don't know if things are totally back to normal but it at least should not be as bad. In any case until you have sent your documents your account cannot be unlocked

Best regards

Thazar
    • nuyoricansoul
      nuyoricansoul
      Bronze
      Hi thazar

Thanks for the advice.

I have sent FUll Tilt all of the documents they asked for, however they are saying I haven't sent and ID. I sent them a copy of my passport, which I will re-send today and await the outcome.

In the mean time - good luck at the tables and thans for your advice, it seems FT are becoming quicker than they were after black friday as it only took them 24 hrs to reply after my docs had been sent.

Thanks

nuyorican
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      You should explain to Full Tilt that you are currently travelling or living abroad and that's why your ISP and deposit info resolves differently from your ID documents. Full Tilt are extremely particular about security, so what happened to you is not surprising.

The only thing I can suggest is to be patient but keep emailing them every couple of days until you get some kind of response.
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      1) Full Tilt kindly waited until AFTER they had my money to request this ludicrous amount of information. Had they told me before taking my money I would not have made the deposit.
      I guess there should be at least about 10 times more playmoney accounts... If Full Tilt (or any other site) will start to check every one of them thoroughly, they will need 10x times more workers... Or everything will be 10x times slower - but even now I hear lots of complaints that now everything too slow :) So imagine, if it would be a lot more slower. I don't know any poker site, that checks playmoney accounts... So this is not FT waiting for you to make the deposit, so they can suspend you and take your money :D That's just a inevitability.

[2) The amount of ID verification Full Tilt require is actually more thorough than the UK Passport Authority. SO, it is easier to get a UK passport than to get your money beck from Full Tilt!
      That's because, to get a passport you need to show yourself live, so no problems and questions occurs about you beeing yourself - and that's the real problem to prove with internet. So - there's nothing stragen there too.

After all - I allways happy poker sitas look veery serious into all the security things - it just makes the play safier. Yeah, it is still annoying, when your time comes to prove the idetity - but the way things are going on Earth :)

And yeah - no advice there, only some notices :)
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      don't worry they will reply back in a few days I had sort of a similar problem and they kept asking for more information but eventually they verified my account it just takes some time
    • nuyoricansoul
      nuyoricansoul
      Bronze
    • nuyoricansoul
      nuyoricansoul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VTomukas
      I guess there should be at least about 10 times more playmoney accounts... If Full Tilt (or any other site) will start to check every one of them thoroughly, they will need 10x times more workers... Or everything will be 10x times slower - but even now I hear lots of complaints that now everything too slow :) So imagine, if it would be a lot more slower. I don't know any poker site, that checks playmoney accounts... So this is not FT waiting for you to make the deposit, so they can suspend you and take your money :D That's just a inevitability.

[2) The amount of ID verification Full Tilt require is actually more thorough than the UK Passport Authority. SO, it is easier to get a UK passport than to get your money beck from Full Tilt!
      That's because, to get a passport you need to show yourself live, so no problems and questions occurs about you beeing yourself - and that's the real problem to prove with internet. So - there's nothing stragen there too.

After all - I allways happy poker sitas look veery serious into all the security things - it just makes the play safier. Yeah, it is still annoying, when your time comes to prove the idetity - but the way things are going on Earth :)

And yeah - no advice there, only some notices :)
      Thanks for your observations.

However:

1) I am not suggesting that they validate all play money accounts. That would be crazy. I am suggesting that they ask for your documents when you try to depoist funds. This would make the most sense security-wise as it would prevent any fraud from the start.

2) You do not have to show up in person to get a passport in the UK.

Thanks.
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nuyoricansoul

1) I am not suggesting that they validate all play money accounts. That would be crazy. I am suggesting that they ask for your documents when you try to depoist funds. This would make the most sense security-wise as it would prevent any fraud from the start.
      That's the good offer, should be written in 2+2 into suggestions to FTP :) I still believe, that it was considered someday and rejected because of too much job - they still have to check more things, not only identity - and fair play couldn't be checked before the first deposit :) So, double check would be needed.... But maybe ppl would be more afraid to cheat, knowing, that all the personal information is already known by Tilt :) Or at least it would be a bit harder...

2) You do not have to show up in person to get a passport in the UK.
      But still they have access to goverment databases, documents, lots of official information, that poker rooms are not be able to operate. So, if I contact both UK gov and Poker site claiming that I'm John Smith - I'm 100% sure that it would be almost impossible (or at least 100x times harder) to convince them in case I'm not :)