Pleased to be part of this community

• Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Hi, despite having played poker on and off for several years, I've somehow managed to not think of joining here until last week. Glad I did (in anticipation)! [Edit: it appears I registered in February, but only saw how significant it could be last week]

I'm originally a mathematician with a keen interest in game theory. I learnt to play Omaha 8 and NL holdem a few years ago, mainly at PSO (pales by comparison with here), but gave up playing entirely for a couple of years. On returning (and some hard work), I have had some consistent success at micro cash tables and sit and goes and want to move from this to higher levels. This seems to be exactly the right place to help me achieve that! Looking forward to participating a lot over the months.
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi elroch,

wow am i super excited to meet you :D welcome to our community! im so glad you finally decided to join us. one of our most popular members here is also a mathematician and a professor of awesomeness including game theory (more or less). cool huh? you can check out his blog here . pls throw him some mathematical jargon :f_biggrin: hehe...

i look forward to your participation in the next few months. :f_biggrin:

forgive me i tend to get overexcited at times.

welcome! welcome! welcome!

smiles,
      Wendy
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Always nice to see such keen members joining us!

We are happy to have you! :f_grin:

I am convinced you will never regret signing up. Why not start a blog to keep track of your progress and recieve some feedback from other members?

GL at the tables, may the pokergods be with you!
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Thanks purplefizz and vonki, for such a warm welcome!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      you're welcome :) anytime! so how are you getting on so far?