[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush A8s MP3

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Limper is 44/6 over 16 hands with aggression factor 3, BB is moreless unknown.

Flop – although there are few draws out there (67, 34) they are not that likely imo to raise here, rather I think raise is moreless isolating me against sets.

Turn is easy valuebet.

I don´t think I should raise the river, he seems to be passive although the agg factor is high, but whatever, no sample, nevermind – the donk is weird imo. He could easily have a FH here imo. Or do you think I should raise/shove the river ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.07)
      BB ($1.81)
      UTG ($7.98)
      UTG+1 ($4.89)
      UTG+2 ($5.15)
      MP1 ($4.08)
      Hero ($9.56)
      CO ($1.95)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 8:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.77) 8:heart: 2:club: 5:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.30

TURN ($1.67) 8:heart: 2:club: 5:diamond: 8:club:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1

RIVER ($3.67) 8:heart: 2:club: 5:diamond: 8:club: 7:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Depends a lot what kind of opponents we have behind us, at some spots I might even prefer to just Call here while having some shorter stacks behind us, although isolating is definitely fine.
      Postflop: Seems to be totally fine and the river is anyways pretty thin value, we can't be sure that he is going to Call us anyways. And what worse hands will Call us there? Only few 8x hands while we really don't have that many hands on him we can't be sure that he is even going to pay us with some 2pair type of hand. Plus it could as well be that he is even trapping us.

Although I would say that I do still sometimes raise it here maybe a bit smallish, doesn't have to be even that big, so big that we don't commit ourselves, ~$1,50.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I don´t know ... I am a bit of a chicken to raise here :D . I would rather lose less all the time rather then win bigger sometimes when it´s pretty marginal.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      I don´t know ... I am a bit of a chicken to raise here :D . I would rather lose less all the time rather then win bigger sometimes when it´s pretty marginal.
      Then you can as well just Call, ain't a must to raise. :D But in future you will have to find in higher limits more for such spots.