UTG ($5.06)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      UTG+2 ($11.13)
      MP1 ($9.50)
      MP2 ($11.19)
      CO ($4.90)
      Hero ($7.81)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 3:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.55, fold, fold, fold

Hero shows A:club: 3:club:

Hero wins $0.41
  • 7 replies
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      My (humble) views. It's probably classifiable as a bluff, as a large part of your opponent's range is better aces and pairs (to which you are a large underdog). On the good side, you have reduced the chance of him having an ace by 25% and also have some implied odds from straights and flushes. Looks rather sophisticated. I wouldn't be surprised if it could be profitable, but if your 3-bet percentage gets suspiciously high, you might expect 4-betting to become common from sharp opponents.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

In rush they will anyways have pretty wide range on CO, of course it depends on the opponent although I see this be still pretty profitable 3bet unless he really Calls a lot 3bets. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Elroch - rush has kind of different dynamic and I think this opponent is suitable for this 3bet - I don´t want to call his bet with such a hand even though he is doing it on CO, I don´t dominate anything I only have a blocker, but definitely you are right when it comes to regular tables, I wouldn´t do it there.

veriz - What hands should I use for these 3bets from BU ? In general it´s hands that are not strong enough to flat preflop so I´d say:

baby Aces, K9-KJ, SCs, J9-JQ, Q9-QT ... do you agree with that range or would you add/remove something ? It also depends on the position of the villain, in general I think I need more blockers when he is earlier (MP) and less when he is like in late position.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Elroch - rush has kind of different dynamic and I think this opponent is suitable for this 3bet - I don´t want to call his bet with such a hand even though he is doing it on CO, I don´t dominate anything I only have a blocker, but definitely you are right when it comes to regular tables, I wouldn´t do it there.

veriz - What hands should I use for these 3bets from BU ? In general it´s hands that are not strong enough to flat preflop so I´d say:

baby Aces, K9-KJ, SCs, J9-JQ, Q9-QT ... do you agree with that range or would you add/remove something ? It also depends on the position of the villain, in general I think I need more blockers when he is earlier (MP) and less when he is like in late position.
      Baby Aces. :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

But yes, mainly a lot of suited broadways and hands like K9s/QTs/JTs. Where your 1 blocker might even work. Try playing around the equilab and try putting for example 78s vs some specific range of given opponent raise or steal range and then you will see how good you doing and then try KQ and so on hands. Will definitely help to understand what kind of range is the best to 3bet. There are different opponents against you will be using different ranges. Against some you might even just use value-range only.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I am glad you like the name Baby Aces :D .

Okay so you say that SCs are not all that great ? :) And KQ is even more of a hand to flat than a 3bet or not ? Ofc depends on the villain and his pos.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Okay so you say that SCs are not all that great ?

Against specific ranges you may even do SCs for 3bet/fold or whatsoever.

And KQ is even more of a hand to flat than a 3bet or not ? Ofc depends on the villain and his pos.

Yes, KQ is definitely possible to flat and as well even do it for 3bet-value or as well 3bet-bluff which means 3bet/Fold. Depends a lot on the opponent.
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Got to like the general idea of being aggressive from the button against wide cutoff steals. Not seen much attention given to this, which could help make it deceptive. And if it's just the cutoff, your 3-bet percentage won't change much.