[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush AA UTG

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Villain is 13/8/120 agg 1.

Tough spot for me. But I was thinking – why would he raise a set here ? He doesn´t have to protect and all that ... so I call with intention of giving up the turn if he decides to bet strong again.

On the river I think I have a valuebet against weaker overpair. Is the size ok ? (I don´t think so, because if he has a FH, he is gonna call bigger bet).

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.27)
      BB ($5.07)
      UTG ($2)
      Hero ($8.79)
      UTG+2 ($2.24)
      MP1 ($8.62)
      MP2 ($9.98)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($5.68)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 6:diamond: T:heart: 7:spade:

Hero bets $0.35, CO raises to $0.92, Hero calls $0.57

TURN ($2.31) 6:diamond: T:heart: 7:spade: T:club:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($2.31) 6:diamond: T:heart: 7:spade: T:club: T:spade:

Hero bets $1, CO folds

Hero shows A:heart: A:club:

Hero wins $2.16
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Seems to be fine, I wouldn't fold the flop either like right now. He may still raise sometimes even with TP or a draw, although that's true that he seems to be pretty passive and there is still a slight chance him to have a set. And most likely wouldn't continue if he would bet the turn big.

But as played not much to add, I might even bet a bit bigger on river although that's not a very big mistake.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Well at least some hand I played correctly and also had a good plan for it all the way from flop to the river :f_biggrin:

But don´t you actually think I missed some value on the river - I mean if he has like QQ, JJ he is going to pay me and more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Well at least some hand I played correctly and also had a good plan for it all the way from flop to the river :f_biggrin:

But don´t you actually think I missed some value on the river - I mean if he has like QQ, JJ he is going to pay me and more.
      Yep, you can consider even betting it bigger. If he Calls us then he will as well Call a bigger bet, unless he really has some kind of 66/77. :D Which rather will prefer Calling some smaller bet because now the TTT kills his FH and makes it worse vs your overpair.