[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush 76 blind

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villian is 13/3/3, and no reads.

(however, after this hand and 2 others, I'm pretty sure he 100% limps utg with kk/aa)

On the flop I checked behind, which I realise is a pretty rubbish move. And I played the hand really bad in general.

My reason for checking behind was hoping he'd hit something on the turn, and I'd extract more value from such a tight player that way.

I ended up just checked the river just because of the 2 pair on the table, but being such a tight player, I suppose we can quite safely say this hasn't his range, and if so he's slowplayed his monster massively.

I should have /b flop, /b turn, and maybe 1/3 block bet/value bet on river?

Thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $12.46
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB (Hero):
      $6.36
      UTG1:
      $7.75
      UTG2:
      $5.18
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $2.24
      MP3:
      $2.07
      CO:
      $1.70

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 6.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 7 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.12) 8, 5, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 checks.

Turn: ($0.12) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, UTG1 raises to $0.42, Hero calls $0.32.

River: ($0.96) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 checks.

Final Pot: $0.96.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, nine high(7 6).
      UTG1 shows two pairs, kings and eights(K K).

Hero wins with a straight, nine high(7 6).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Flop: And by the way it's not a Check behind, it's just a Check. Check behind means if you are IP and then you can Check behind. But in this case definitely bet! Don't slowplay it on such a drawy board.

As played
      Turn: Don't think that he is a lot of FH in his range here, if he really had any kind of 2pairs I would be more often inclined to think that he is going to bet them on flop rather than Check behind. Therefore he may easily even have the 8x or whatsoever hand and I would definitely Call here. And might even sometimes consider 3betting against him. Although while we a bit deeper then Calling should work as well.
      River: Guess your line is reasonable while even the FD completed to Check/Call it, although you could just block-bet/Fold yourself here as well.

Best regards.