This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush AQs

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey,

This is the last of the hands. I hope I haven't posted too many/non important ones. Like I said this session was pretty weird for me.

No stats on villian

I ended up just checking the flop because I thought donking out first could leave me open to a re-raise, and I wanted to see the turn, so c/c seemed like the best way to control the pot.

Since he checked on the turn as well, and the ace came on the river, I was pretty sure I was ahead.

Betting the flop then /c the turn rules out AK, and I feel he could quite easily be drawing on that flop (maybe to the hearts, unlucky for me).

Went for quite a thin value bet on the river, hoping to maybe get a call, but I feel almost all hands he hasn't bet on yet aren't going to call the river.

Could this be a time to /c the river and hope for a missed draw bluff?

Thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.21
      MP3:
      $9.03
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $1.53
      SB:
      $5.65
      BB:
      $5.28
      UTG1:
      $1.96
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $8.34
      MP1:
      $5.03

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.67) T, 7, 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($1.47) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($1.47) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.47.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Flop: You can't donk the flop while you were PFA, basically you can CBet here and that would be likely the play I would do and CBet such a board with nutFD and overcards. While we could easily even have fold equity here and even if not then you can still re-evaluate further streets.

As played
      Turn: As you played it passively then continue here as well.
      River: And yes, rather make a smallish value-bet than Check and let him Check behind. There ain't that many missed draws while you already hold 2 cards of FD.

Best regards.