BB: $10.30
      UTG: $17.74
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $14.06
      Hero (BTN): $10.15
      SB: $10.68

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1.20, fold, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.50, 2 players) 8:spade: 7:club: J:diamond:
      SB bets $1.78, Hero calls $1.78

Turn: ($6.06, 2 players) 9:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00

River: ($12.06, 2 players) 6:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

edit: villain is quite tight, 15/12 over some 70 hands.
  • 8 replies
    • luckylooser88
      luckylooser88
      Bronze
      Preflop you could 4bet or you could just call since you have position, nothing to add here.
      On the flop, I don't really like the fact you just called, the board presents itself kinda dangerous if another straight card comes on the turn or river and you sould've protect here with a big raise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

Preflop: What about his 3bet? Kinda seems that his 3bet is pretty strong here. If he really has some really small 3bet and not defending his blinds then I might even sometimes prefer folding vs such nitty stats while it's SH.

As played
      Postflop: Guess not much to add, kinda thin value anyways on river. He might easily have some kind of overpair here even and I don't think that such a nit would really 3bet with AJ.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      @veriz: What to you think of turn 1/2 pot bet?

@lucky: I do understand your point but I didn't see it as the case here. If I raise this flop I'll isolate myself vs. overpairs and sets and will make him fold AQ+. He might call with AJ but that's it. I want to keep his ace high bluffs in. Since it's a middle flop I'm not THAT concerned with straights and still his own bet was not so small as to not get proper odds. If the board was duotone things would be more hairy and then maybe a raise could be a better option. That's what I think at least...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      @veriz: What to you think of turn 1/2 pot bet?

Do like it, he might even sometimes Call us with AK. :D
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Yeah, but only that. The board was uglier than ugly as I was beat by all pp 77+ (splitting QQ), plus all connectors from 87 to T9... in other words, the ONLY hands I do beat are Ax type of hands, and I even lose to AT :P

The fact that he only calls and checks the river makes me itch to turn QQ into bluff... :f_biggrin: (too bad stack sizes wouldn't permit), as I don't see much showdown value for my ladies anymore. The only problem is people tend to think "meh, I already invested $$$ so what's $$ more?" or to fall in love with AA/KK.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Yeah, but only that. The board was uglier than ugly as I was beat by all pp 77+ (splitting QQ), plus all connectors from 87 to T9... in other words, the ONLY hands I do beat are Ax type of hands, and I even lose to AT :P

The fact that he only calls and checks the river makes me itch to turn QQ into bluff... :f_biggrin: (too bad stack sizes wouldn't permit), as I don't see much showdown value for my ladies anymore. The only problem is people tend to think "meh, I already invested $$$ so what's $$ more?" or to fall in love with AA/KK.
      The problem is that with betting we might stop him betting the river and which would very likely be Check/Fold for us if we don't bet the turn ourselves. So I'd either bet the turn this way or basically Check/Fold till end.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

The problem is that with betting we might stop him betting the river and which would very likely be Check/Fold for us if we don't bet the turn ourselves. So I'd either bet the turn this way or basically Check/Fold till end.
      I didn't get the check/fold part. I was in position. Do you mean check turn, fold river?

That is also an interesting question about the hand... if I check turn, would he bet that river? With what except a T? Would he blockbet/fold, or blockbet/call? Or just check/call? I wouldn't be surprised if on that ugly board he would just check/call - even if the river doens't change much after my check behind. I don't think he would want to bet and get raised big time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I didn't get the check/fold part. I was in position. Do you mean check turn, fold river?

Means that if he Checks then we gonna Check behind and if he bets then we gonna bet.

That is also an interesting question about the hand... if I check turn, would he bet that river? With what except a T? Would he blockbet/fold, or blockbet/call? Or just check/call? I wouldn't be surprised if on that ugly board he would just check/call - even if the river doens't change much after my check behind. I don't think he would want to bet and get raised big time.

Depends a lot on the opponent, although he can be up for everything, most likely he is maybe going to Check/Call with some overpair. And likely bet himself the Tx.