This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AKo SB vs. BB - Good fold?

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

Hero (SB): $10.45
      BB: $16.93
      UTG: $11.40
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $10.36

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10, CO posts DB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero has K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, CO checks, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) K:spade: 8:heart: Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.70, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.52, fold

BB wins $3.52

Villain is a very passive 35/7 pre-flop. That's why it drew my attention the minraise pre-flop. But he has infinite aggression postflop, so... no idea :f_biggrin: But a pot size bet when I probably do have the top pair or something like did seem a bit too much to me.
  • 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You have two options...

Ship it pre-flop (atleast re-raise him), or fold pre-flop. Hitting K and giving up while under representing is not good.. you have to call him down now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

Preflop: From such loose opponents you will so often see a KK/AA type of hand here and sometimes I basically just fold the hand without seeing him more often doing such 3bets. And I don't like shipping here against such an opponent. We basically can easily isolate ourselves against better hands.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to add I guess, his bet is just too big to represent a weak hand but of course now again have to ask why you even Calling preflop if giving up that easily. :( But we can't really do much against his bet size.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Replying to both:

I have to call .50 to see 1.40. Can't be so bad a call.

Of course I don't intend to give up so easily. The think is: if I hit the A, then of course I only lose to AA. I'm splitting AK and beating KK and QQ (all on his range).

If I hit the K I'll proceed a bit more carefully. I only beat QQ and split AK, but now lose to both AA and KK.

At this flop, things got even more ugly: it's not just that I "hit", but I lose to AA, KK, QQ and even KQ!

His bet on the flop was not strong, but after I call (I wouldn't call with air) he fires a por size. He wouldn't do that w/ JJ or AQ certainly. A good opponent (I think) could be polarized and turning his 99-JJ into a bluff. But such a ridiculously passive opponent wouldn't do that of course, thus the fold.

With 0.5 to 1.4 I think it's not so bad to call and see a flop. And against those loose passive types I can easily hit the A and stack his KK/AQ off.

Am I so wrong?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, I do like your given facts here and as you said you will proceed passively and cautiously then should be considerable, good that you folded on turn. You were very likely beat, I guess AA. :D