[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - AKo SB vs. BB - Good fold?

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

Hero (SB): $10.45
      BB: $16.93
      UTG: $11.40
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $10.36

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10, CO posts DB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero has K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, CO checks, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) K:spade: 8:heart: Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.70, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.52, fold

BB wins $3.52

Villain is a very passive 35/7 pre-flop. That's why it drew my attention the minraise pre-flop. But he has infinite aggression postflop, so... no idea :f_biggrin: But a pot size bet when I probably do have the top pair or something like did seem a bit too much to me.
  • 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      You have two options...

Ship it pre-flop (atleast re-raise him), or fold pre-flop. Hitting K and giving up while under representing is not good.. you have to call him down now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

Preflop: From such loose opponents you will so often see a KK/AA type of hand here and sometimes I basically just fold the hand without seeing him more often doing such 3bets. And I don't like shipping here against such an opponent. We basically can easily isolate ourselves against better hands.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to add I guess, his bet is just too big to represent a weak hand but of course now again have to ask why you even Calling preflop if giving up that easily. :( But we can't really do much against his bet size.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Replying to both:

I have to call .50 to see 1.40. Can't be so bad a call.

Of course I don't intend to give up so easily. The think is: if I hit the A, then of course I only lose to AA. I'm splitting AK and beating KK and QQ (all on his range).

If I hit the K I'll proceed a bit more carefully. I only beat QQ and split AK, but now lose to both AA and KK.

At this flop, things got even more ugly: it's not just that I "hit", but I lose to AA, KK, QQ and even KQ!

His bet on the flop was not strong, but after I call (I wouldn't call with air) he fires a por size. He wouldn't do that w/ JJ or AQ certainly. A good opponent (I think) could be polarized and turning his 99-JJ into a bluff. But such a ridiculously passive opponent wouldn't do that of course, thus the fold.

With 0.5 to 1.4 I think it's not so bad to call and see a flop. And against those loose passive types I can easily hit the A and stack his KK/AQ off.

Am I so wrong?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, I do like your given facts here and as you said you will proceed passively and cautiously then should be considerable, good that you folded on turn. You were very likely beat, I guess AA. :D