$52.00
      BB (Hero):
      $42.96
      MP3:
      $50.92
      CO:
      $25.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 6.
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.75, SB calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.5) 4, 4, T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.75, SB calls $2.75.

Turn: ($11) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.00, SB calls $6.00.

River: ($23) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $23.

Villain was aggro,betting and raising a lot.I was 3betting him a lot too and he was calling my 3bets rather lightly.Is it ok to 3bet such an opponent with A6o IP?Is the flop ok for cbetting?I decide to bet turn/check behind river as in this way I protect from the FD and overcards.Is checking behind here better and how to react on river then?I obviously check behind river after the line I took.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Is it ok to 3bet such an opponent with A6o IP?
      - yes unless you afraid light 4-bet, then call should be better

Is the flop ok for cbetting?
      - yes, he would not fold too many worse hands, but it is quite safe board and I doubt he is making moves being deep

Is checking behind here better and how to react on river then?
      - he would not call you down with worse hands, so your river bet is forced him to fold better hands like Tx or medium pp-s. I would generally check behind, since I think he would very often call you down at least with Tx and you ahve showdown value
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      My question was whether it is better to check behind turn and if I do check behind turn how do I act on various rivers and actions from him?
      After I have bet turn,checking behind river is obvious :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Originally posted by jozata
      My question was whether it is better to check behind turn and if I do check behind turn how do I act on various rivers and actions from him?
      After I have bet turn,checking behind river is obvious :)
      As you said the villain was aggressive opponent, then mainly I would bet for that reason on turn to get us a free showdown on river. Because basically if we Check behind on turn our plan will be to induce him to bluff, although if some kind of higher card comes or even a it will pretty much kill our action. That's why I would bet the turn for free showdown and as well for protection from a draw/overcards.

And my view about the 3bet is if he really was Calling you very light down then I might even just Call it and play postflop against him than 3bet. Pretty hard to play against a very aggressive opponent with such a hand. Although we can still play in smaller pots with it much easier than in bigger ones.

Best regards.