Stack
      UTG2:
      $2.57
      MP3:
      $8.07
      Hero:
      $9.55

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.15, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 4 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.52

I think I was getting a bit too adventurous and this is not a great idea against their ranges. Do-able or not?

Also, if someone calls and we see a flop, can we assume they mostly call with decent pocket pairs and therefore if flop is Axx my hand is often good because kicker is irrelevant?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

I think I was getting a bit too adventurous and this is not a great idea against their ranges. Do-able or not?

Wouldn't say like very dangerous while the opponents ain't like super loose and we even have position on them plus even fold equity. Although I do usually just take the odds and Call here when there are more players rather loose on SB/BB.
      Only reason why I wouldn't choose here to 3bet is the UTG2 guy who has pretty small stack and that's why I would usually even prefer just Calling here.

Also, if someone calls and we see a flop, can we assume they mostly call with decent pocket pairs and therefore if flop is Axx my hand is often good because kicker is irrelevant?

Most likely they will be holding some kind of PPs, likely rather now some smaller SCs unless they are more looser and as well even some broadways/Ax hands. And I wouldn't really plan to go broke with the hand postflop, unless we are agaisnt the UTG2 guy.

Best regards.