Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $7.18
      Hero:
      $5.12

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) K:heart: , J:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.36, MP1 calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.29) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

River: ($1.59) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.5, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.59

Preflop: ok from CU I think.
      Flop: completely missed so my cbet is basically a bluff, but I think it is doable when he checks to me and because KJx flop connects well with my opening range.
      Turn: when my cbet was called I intended to give up the hand. But his turn bet is so small that I couldn't fold even though I only have a GS. (First question: is this correct? Now I realise that a couple of my outs are not even clean, given that he may have a flush draw. And of course I have hardly any implieds because if I hit my straight it will be so obvious.)
      River: for a few moments I considered raising here. His line on flop and turn just looks so much like he is drawing, and his bet size on river looks like a half-hearted bluff with a missed draw. So, second question: can we ever raise here as a bluff or would that just be spew without amazing reads?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: If you don't have any kind of aggressive 3bettors behind you then isolating the loose opponents is totally fine.

(First question: is this correct? Now I realise that a couple of my outs are not even clean, given that he may have a flush draw. And of course I have hardly any implieds because if I hit my straight it will be so obvious.)

Yep, that's as well why I would sometimes even consider just folding the hand. We wont win it anyways unless he really has a draw, although while he may as well have some weak hand and on river we wont know what to do. Or even sometimes put us into raising spot and he might easily trap us. Although there are several spots where I would consider such a play. I guess I'd just give it up here and wait for better spot. We don't loose anything by just folding and as well we are against a fishy player, it will be hard to make him either to fold or hit anything on river.

So, second question: can we ever raise here as a bluff or would that just be spew without amazing reads?

Nah, not really. As you see even his bet size went to a bit bigger, it might be somewhat value-bet which wouldn't really fold while he is that loose. Rather just fold and wait for better spot, you will win a lot more money with folding than raising here I guess. But I do agree that there might be spots where I would consider raising, like he would donk small turn & river and is not showdown bound.

Best regards.